Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Spectre x360 - 15-df0004na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi everyone,

I bought a new HP Spectre x360 15 in May of 2019 and it has had very little use since I got it.  For the last year it has sat on a shelf connected to an external monitor via HDMI getting used once every 2 weeks.  Recently it started making repeat noises like a USB item being plugged and then unplugged.  Yesterday I tried to investigate and took the laptop off the shelf only to discover that the screen is completely shot.  It is black with a couple of white lines at the very top and on boot up it gets vertical lines down the middle.  There is no sign of any images and I have carried out every driver / software update available.  I've ran the HP diagnostic tool and it doesn't show any faults despite it being so obvious.  Also, the mouse and keyboard keep disconnecting every few seconds.

The touch screen element it working as it move the cursor around the page when output is set to external monitor.  I'm guessing that this means the digitizer part is good and presumably the graphics card as well because it outputs to a monitor?

Any assistance greatly appreciated.  I'm gutted as this cost me over £1600, has had very little use and I'm still paying it back on credit.  I would expect a lot longer out of a laptop especially of this value.  Unfortunately I have been advised by the HP Diagnostics app that my guarantee ran out just over 2  months ago so I expect that this one is going to be an expensive fix.

Thanks in advance

Andrew

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Andrewbullie

Welcome to HP Community

I have gone through your Post and would like to help

Please check in BIOS and let me know if you see those lines

Shut down the Notebook and upon restarting keep tapping on the F10 Key till you enter the BIOS

Keep me posted

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.