cancel
alphaz3r0 Student
Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Spectre x360 13 Poor Screen Quality (Sure View)

HP Spectre x360 13-ap0400nd
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have bought the HP Spectre x360 13-ap0400nd from a local computer shop earlier this week. I am very happy with the performance however cannot say the same regarding the screen. The screen has a yellowish tint, weird faint diamond patterns (that are especially noticeable on a white background), and poor maximum brightness. By comparison, the display on my previous 4 year old Asus laptop with a TN panel is brighter and sharper than the one on the Spectre.

Upon reading the forums, apparently this is a common problem with the Sure View filter. I didn't know that Sure View results in such a poor quality when I ordered the item and unfortunately the computer shop will not accept it back since this is "by design". I have somewhat improved the yellowish tint by reducing the Red and Green channels from the Intel Graphics control panel as described in the online forums, however needless to say that I am very disappointed with the display on a supposedly premium device that costs 1700 EUR!

I do not need the sure view feature and would definitely prefer a sharper and brighter display. Is there anything I can do to disable this feature or else exchange with a proper screen that does not have the "sure view" feature?

1 REPLY 1
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
7284 7271 261 316
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Spectre x360 13 Poor Screen Quality (Sure View)

@alphaz3r0

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation