Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Spectre x360 Convertible 13-ap0xxx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, 

I have HP Spectre x360 convertible 13-ap0xxx which is 1 year old since I bought it. I just noticed something on the screen while I'm wiping it. A very small dot that doesn't come off. When I take a photo of it and zoomed in, it is definitely a dead pixel.

I just sent this laptop for warranty last 2019 due to it's loose hinge and uneven screen surface which doesn't really resolved, now it is having a dead pixel. Please HP, can you do fix this issues please???

Thanks20200516_223712_compress12.jpg

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@John_007

Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

• When was the last time it worked without these issues?
  • Have you updated Graphics and Chipset drivers?
  • Have you checked the display on an external monitor?

Let’s try these steps to resolve the problem:

I recommend you attempt to access the BIOS screen by tapping on F10 while the computer is restarting, 

If the issue persists in the BIOS screen which is outside windows, it would confirm a hardware failure.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi,

I already tried it in BIOS and the deadpixel is still there. The drivers are also updated.

External monitor display is good, dead pixel is only on the laptop display. 

I first noticed it since first week of April 2020 and ask HP support via chat but suddenly the ticket was just closed without me knowing. The support just asks to send a picture of it in their email and nothing replied. My laptop is now out of HP 1 year warranty but still has 1 year warranty remaining from the store.  Also the left hinge is not aligned to the right hinge and has play. How can you resolve this quality issue??? I've seen too many people here complaining about the quality of your Spectre x360. This should not happen in this kind of pricey laptops. I run some multimedia work in my laptop and this dead pixel is annoying. I've also read your deadpixel policy and you're just accepting 2deadpixel or more??????

HP Recommended

@John_007

Thank you for posting back. 

I would request you to reach out to our Support and our Support Engineers should be able to check the available service options in order to diagnose the computer physically. HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: www.hp.com/contacthp/​​​​​​​

Please feel free to contact us here anytime you need any further assistance. Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi,

I just contacted your excellent hp support and just redirected me here again due to expired warranty. You cant even see that this issue appears before the expiration of warranty? I raised the issue but you just closed the ticket without resolution!!

HP Recommended

@John_007

Thank you for posting back. 

If its a hardware related issue with the display screen then you need the replace the display in order to fix the issue.

For more information about pixel defects, see HP Pixel Policy.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.