Post new question
Question

Intern
Message 1 of 5 (504 Views)

HP Spectre x360 - 13t-4200 CTO

Hello Folks,

I have the HP Spectre x360 - 13t-4200 CTO and have spent 4 weeks trying to get my brand new HP Active Stylus to work with this brand new laptop. I also bought a 2nd stylus to make sure the first one wasn't the problem.  I have spoken with five different tech support reps, plus my case was escalated to a team of engineers.  Although this very stylus is listed as compatible with this laptop, the word today from the "engineers"  was that, no, I cannot use a stylus with my laptop, there is no work-around and, although there is a firmware upgrade for the 15" model, there is nothing for the 13" model (nor can they tell me if there is any plans in the works) and that I am "welcome to return the laptop for a refund" and long as I do it in the next couple days before 30 days after receiving the laptop.

Sorry, HP, this has been a nightmare, with non-stop bad information and I think that you should publish on the website that a stylus will not work so that when people consider purchasing this model, they will know that they can't use a stylus.  But we all know that's not going to happen because it could affect sales of the laptop.

If you have to have a stylus working on this laptop, you should go with the Dell XPS.  Frankly, I should have know better as this is my very first HP computer.

0 Kudos
Retired
Message 2 of 5 (457 Views)

Re: HP Spectre x360 - 13t-4200 CTO

Hi @BEBaker8,

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post serial numbers and case details. If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works  please review this link. 

First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More

Sparkles1

Intern
Message 3 of 5 (446 Views)

I am very thankful for any help.  Although I am not optimistic, I am very grateful that someone is listening and willing to do anything to get this resolved.  I can supply the serial number for the Spectre having the styous probs which I believe would reveal all of the support sessions I have had.

How will I hear from this other support team?  Will that be via email, or through this thread on the forum.

Thank you again.

Brett

Honor Student
Message 4 of 5 (318 Views)

I am having the same issue.  please let me know if you resolve this. this is crazy frustrating. 

Intern
Message 5 of 5 (302 Views)

This particular thread was early on in my search for answers on this topic. The frustration with HP Tech Support went on for weeks until HP told me that the 13" model 4200 with the OLED screen is actually NOT compatible with any active stylus, and never will be compatible.

Ironically, this has not stopped HP from running TV commercials touting the beautiful OLED screen and the ability to use a stylus with it.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation