Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP Spectre x360 Convert 13-ae and SPEN-HP-03
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi

I recently bought HP Spectre and I have question about the way the Stylys pen is supposed to work.

I am able to use the stylys only basically once after every charge. For example, if I recharge the pen during the night, use it for 20min and the shut down the computer and put the pen away, it will not work again the next morning. I have to recharge it again. After recharging I again can pair it and buttons etc will work. Even without charging it, it will be recognized for writing in the screen, but no button actions work.

Is this how it is really supposed to work? I read the manual and there was no mentioning about any off-button for the pen. I went to the nearest computer store and they said they can't even remember when was the last time they charged their on display Stylys for the same model of Spectre I have. But the Stylys they had was different model so can't be sure.

So how is it, is the charge in this stylys really "one time usage" and always charging after that, or is there somethingy fishy going on with my product?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Poku,

Welcome to the HP Forums 🙂 I would like to take a moment and thank you for using this forum, it is a great place to find answers. For you to have the best experience on the HP forum, you could also visit our HP Forums Guide for First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More. I see from your post that you are having issues with the HP Active stylus. No worries, I'll be glad to help you.

After reviewing your post thoroughly, I see this seems to be an issue with the Pen, however, I would suggest you try these steps here:

I would recommend you update the Bios and Chipset drivers on your PC from our HP Support website, using this link.

I would recommend you install the latest HP Pen control: Click here

Also, download and install HP support assistant on your PC. It should automatically download and install the latest updates and drivers for your PC.

Refer this link to know how to use HP support assistant.

Could you please respond to this post with the results of the troubleshooting as this will help me in further assisting you.

Eagerly waiting for your response!

that said, If the information I've provided was helpful, 

give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons, 

that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Good Luck.

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.