Post new question
Question

Honor Student
Message 1 of 3 (120 Views)

HP Spectre x360 Convertible 13 SKU: 1JL55EA Screen colour issue?

Product Name: Spectre X360
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I purchased a new Spectre X360 with the Full HD screen on 15 April 2017. Its the version with the gold/copper accents which appears to have been released in the US in late 2016.  

Whilst setting it up on the day of the purchase, I noted that any white/light grey colour on the screen (like on this website, google search page and Windows 10 settings) had a distinct yellow tinge - almost like night mode on a cellphone. I took the laptop back to the HP shop where the saleman and manager agreed that the colour was not right.

I put the X360 side by side with my 2015 MacBook Pro and my wife's 5 year old Sony Vaio - on the same web page - and the yellowness of the X360 screen was clear - regret I didn't photograph the comparison. 

The HP store checked another brand new X360 and a demo X360, both of which had yellowish whites - though less yellow than the laptop I purchased. The store graciously allowed me to return the laptop and processed a refund. 

I still want to buy a Spectre X360 but the store suggsted in an email to me now that all X360's will have this yellowish white dispaly. 

I have read many reviews of the Spectre X360 full HD and 4K versions, and havent read any comments about this yellow tinge. There are many complaints of yellow tinge on the display of the 2015 version of the X360. 

I'd like to know if this is a characteristic of the 2016/2017 X360? Have any other owners experienced this? 

Thx

Provost
Message 2 of 3 (104 Views)

Re: HP Spectre x360 Convertible 13 SKU: 1JL55EA Screen colour issue?

The white balance of the display is somewhat adjustable in the screen calibration app included in Windows 10. Did you try adjusting it? 

Honor Student
Message 3 of 3 (87 Views)

Re: HP Spectre x360 Convertible 13 SKU: 1JL55EA Screen colour issue?

Yes, tried that but it distorted other colours in the process.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation