Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Spectre x360 Convertible 13
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi all,

i own a HP spectre x360 coming to 2/3 years now, everything been great until some recent updates.

The following problems started to surface after some mandate update either by Microsoft or HP in system/drivers.

1. My touchpad would frozen intermittently in the middle of browsing, like as if it goes to sleep. i have to trigger the "Windows" key on the keyboard to "wake" it up. and it's extremely frustrating that it could happen at any time even in the midst of moving it or scrolling.

After some reading online, I have tried the following methods and still facing the problem.

a. updating of BIOS to the latest version

b. pass the hp diagnostic test

c. reinstall/roll back touchpad driver

2. My shift "x'" is not working, im able to "ctrl x" but i can't "shift x" to get a cap x. 

the shift on the right is working though.

I notice these 2 problems happens after some major updates that i have to restart my laptop. please advise how to resolve these issues. it's making me into a hulk.

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi there anyone can help??

HP Recommended

@Dennel

I reviewed your post and I understand that you are facing issues with the touchpad and the keyboard.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

What is the product number of your computer?

What is the Windows version you are using? (Like 1903,1909, or 2004)

Meanwhile, I recommend you uninstall the touchpad driver from the device manager and then download and install it from the below link.

https://support.hp.com/in-en/drivers

Here is how it is done.

1. Type "Device Manager" into the search field to open the device manager console.
  2. Expand the node that represents the type of device that you want to uninstall, right-click the device entry, and click Uninstall.
  3. On the Confirm Device Removal dialog box, click OK to start the uninstall process.
  4. When the uninstall process is complete, remove the device.

NOTE: On the Confirm Device Removal dialog box, click the Delete the driver software for this device option to delete the driver package that was used for the device.

For the keyboard issue, uninstall the keyboard driver from the device manager and then restart the computer and test.

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

P.S: Welcome to the HP Support Community 😊

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

Stay Home – Stay Safe

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi Fossette,

Sorry for my late response. Here's the details of my spec. Wil try out ur proposal and revert if it works.

Laptop_Spec.jpg

HP Recommended

@Dennel

Thank you for the information. However, I need the product number of your computer.

Meanwhile, I recommend you try the suggested steps and let me know how it goes.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

Stay Home – Stay Safe

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi fosette,

It didnt help much, infact it seem to got worse. if i were to constantly swap my finger on the trackerpad left to right. u can see the mouse pointer literally freeze intermittently.

Lately i have not been checking on the issues as im using mouse.

It really irritate me so badly that i wanted to smash the laptop.

The product ID is 5CD7443V1K. Im pretty sure its not an hardware issues, it seem like some power saving option that stop the trackerpad from response. i have to hit the keyboard to "bring it alive".

HP Recommended

@Dennel

I recommend you perform a reset on the computer following the steps in the below article and check if it helps.

https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c04742289

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

Cheers!

Stay Home – Stay Safe

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.