Post new question
Question

Highlighted
Student
Message 1 of 2 (73 Views)

HP Spectre x360 External Monitor Display is blurry

Product Name: HP Spectre 15-bl000 x360 Convertible PC
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My company just purchased me a new laptop which I used both at my office and while on the road.  I selected the Spectre x360 15T because of it's performance and it's ability to be used as a tablet while in the field.

First off, the laptop's resolution on the screen is awesome.  I love that.  However, the laptop screen will be used maybe 10% of the time.  The bulk of my work is done at the desk where I have (2) external monitors.  They are ViewSonic VA2248M-LED, Model VS13818.  Our IT department has an HDMI port addapter hooked to the computer when it's at my desk.  The displays on the external monitors are very blurry.  I'm not sure how the resolution when hooked to my 8 year old computer is crystal clear yet when using my brand new one, it is so bad.

Is this a driver issue for Windows 10?  Is it the HDMI output?  These were not an issue on the old laptop.  This seems like it should be an easy fix but our IT department is lost.  I need some help.

Thanks,

PalletJim

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
Message 2 of 2 (41 Views)

Re: HP Spectre x360 External Monitor Display is blurry

Hi @PalletJim,

Welcome to the HP Forums!

This is a wonderful place to converse with the community, get assistance and find tips.

I reviewed your post and understand that the display on the external monitors is blurry.

I'll be glad to help you Smiley Happy

In order that I may provide you with an accurate solution, I will need a few more details.

• Have you tried connecting the monitor directly to the computer using the HDMI cable?
  • Have you made any software or hardware changes on the computer?
  • Have you performed any troubleshooting steps before posting?

Meanwhile, I recommend you download and install the monitor drivers on the computer and check if it helps.

If the issue persists, I recommend you update the graphics driver and bios from the below link and test.

http://hp.care/2nikIQ9

Please post your results, as I will be looking forward to hearing from you.

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

Good day! Take care Smiley Happy

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation