Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Spectre x360 15-EB0053DX
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

I have the HP Spectre x360 (15-EB0053DX).

I'm attempting to connect two monitors over HDMI: one is connected via the HDMI port on the left side of the laptop. The second is connected via USB-C to an HDMI adapter.

However, the USB-C to HDMI connection is not working. I've tried two different hubs, one powered and one not, as well as a USB-C to HDMI connector (no other peripheral connections). So far, nothing has worked. I've tried both USB-C ports; one is advertised as a thunderbolt connection, while the other is not.

The resolution of the monitors are 1920x1080 at 60Hz, nothing high powered or demanding.

I've updated the drivers, Windows 10, and ran the HP support assistant for all updates. It's updated the BIOS to the latest version. I've also run updates for the NVidia drivers.

I've seen other people post about it, so I believe that it should be working. I must be missing something simple at this point.

Any help is greatly appreciated! Thank you.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@PrestonD 

The specs of your machine is

https://support.hp.com/au-en/document/c06642682

You should be able to connect 2 external monitors many ways. Simplest way is to

1. Connect HDMI port to a monitor using HDMI port
  2. Connect USB-C (your machine has 2 ports) to a monitor which has USB-C port (direct, no converter/adapter) and you will get result as a DP1.2 port.

You can daisy chain USB-C port monitors too  (ie USB-C to USB-C monitor to USB-C monitor)

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Hello @Banhien

Thank you for taking the time to respond to my concerns.

Unfortunately, I've already tried what you've described without success.

What I want to solve is why the USB-C adapter is not working.

Windows does see the screen if I open up the Display Manager. However, I am unable to extend to that display.

In the Device Manager, I see that whenever I attach the HDMI, that a generic "Billboard" device does connect. This is leading me to believe that perhaps it's a driver issue?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.