Post new question
Question

Honor Student
Message 1 of 2 (167 Views)

HP Spectre x360 - I've Given Up

Product Name: HP Spectre x360
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

Last winter purchased a convertible lenovo laptop. The first one had faulty hinges, I had it replaced on the same day I brought it in and the second one had faulty hinges and a faulty touchpad. So, I decided to ditch the cheaper computers and splurged on a HP spectre x360 from Best Buy. I live 200 kilometres away from large retail stores like this so getting back and forth is quite difficult, Staples was very understanding about the Lenovo laptops, however Best Buy told me there was nothing I could do when I described the problems I was having with my brand new HP. Several months went by and I avoided using the computer as much as possible in order to avoid facing the mistake I made in purchasing it. Eventually, my old computer became completely obsolete and I had no choice but use this HP. 

My problems were not limited in any way. They ranged from an extremely annoying touchpad that sounded loose and made strange noises, the fact that the screen was closing on an odd angle, and the fact the the screen could barely stay open. A slight touch or even shifting the laptop would cause the screen to move. I could forgive these flaws if I had abused this computer or if it had received heavy usage, however I barely even turned the thing on. I contacted HP support and I must admit that they were polite, friendly and had my return materials sent very quickly. 

My first bad sign involving the shipping process was the fact that there were materials missing from the box they sent which I then had to find a way around myself. My second issue is that they forced me to use UPS to ship it... from a rural area with no local UPS dealer. Then when it got back after well over a week my problems continued. My touchpad has improved, however it is still frustrating to use. Even though I described my issues with the screen, they did not appear to have even looked at it. 

I am at the point now where I cannot go without a computer as school starts again in only a couple weeks and I need a computer. I am extremely disappointed in the build quality of this premium product and I fear it may have turned me off from buying HP computers again. 

For the same money I could have bought a variety of other computers with reputations of being much more helpful when it comes to these sorts of issues. I really wanted to like this computer, however I just can't bring myself to do it. If a HP service rep reads this post, don't waste your time in responding, I have no choice but keep and use this product - no matter how much it's manufacturing flaws or the company behind it annoys me. 

Kind Regards, 

-N. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Retired
Message 2 of 2 (122 Views)

Re: HP Spectre x360 - I've Given Up

Hi @AlwaysTheHinges,

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post serial numbers and case details.
If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, this post has instructions.
http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/First-Time-Here-Learn-How-to-Post-and-More/How-to-check-your-messages/t...

Tardis40
I work on behalf of HP
Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click Kudos Thumbs Up on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation