Post new question
Question

Student
Message 1 of 9 (1,989 Views)

HP Spectre x360 Touch Screen

[ Edited ]
Product Name: Spectre 13-4101dx
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I purchased my HP Spectre x360 (i7, 8GB, 256SSD, Windows 10) two days ago.
It worked perfectly until midday today when the touch keyboard icon in the bottom right of the toolbar began to toggle on and off for no reason.  Simultaneously, the touch screen was unresponsive for the majority of the 13.3" display.  When the icon is not toggling, everything works fine.  This problem occurs (what seems like) at random times for random durations.

I have done nothing outside normal use and checking to make sure there are no problems.
My guess is it has something to do with switching from the various "360" modes and possibly the connectivity between the screen and keyboard panels.
Has anyone else had similar problems?
Are there any solutions already in place?

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
Message 2 of 9 (1,951 Views)

Re: HP Spectre x360 Touch Screen

Hi @zswies,

Thank you for visiting the HP Forums! A great place where you can find solutions for your issues with help from the community!

I came across your post about the Notebook, and wanted to assist you! I have looked into your issue about your HP Spectre x360 - 13-4101dx and Touchpad not working correctly. Here is a document on how to troubleshoot the Touchpad sensitivities.

If you will go to the section on Adjusting TouchPad pointing sensitivities it should help resolve the issue.

You could  try using the Windows Update Troubleshooting tool to fix any updates that have not come through for Windows 10.  Please restart the Notebook twice to make sure all update have been completed!

I hope this helps.

Thanks.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom left to say “Thanks” for helping.Smiley Happy

I work on behalf of HP
Honor Student
Message 3 of 9 (1,807 Views)

I'm having the same exact same problem as @zswies. Help please?
HP Support Agent
Message 4 of 9 (1,803 Views)

Hey @lewa86,

Did you follow the steps outlined and if yes, please use the following link to create yourself a case number, then call and it may help speed up the call process:

Step 1. Open link: www.hp.com/contacthp/
Step 2. Enter Product number or select to auto detect
Step 3. Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"
Step 4. Scroll down and click on: HP contact options - click on Get phone number

Case number and phone number appear.

They will be happy to assist you immediately. Thanks.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom left to say “Thanks” for helping.Smiley Happy

I work on behalf of HP
Tutor
Message 5 of 9 (1,742 Views)

WOW seems like LOTS of people have the some kind of  problem or other with their display... Very poor of the top machine HP has to offer!

Mine was reporterd to HP 3 months ago and they are still refusing to admit that there is an issue... this is despite me sending them a video what is wrong!!

BEWARE... DON'T BUY HP... Their display fails and their service is CRAP!!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4JtBiWx2t9gb185ZDZHcTVFbWc/view

Honor Student
Message 6 of 9 (1,379 Views)

I have the exact same problem..

I have just come off the phone after 2 hours with HP and they are not able to help!

I can not just throw away a 3000 dollar notebook! so I guess the enxt action is to go legal

See below:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B_yvUkcuUoUXTlVhcVRRMVFLOFU

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B_yvUkcuUoUXWVFjNjFwbVdQd1E

Honor Student
Message 7 of 9 (1,349 Views)

Can any one from hp offer any help?l

MtekMtek1 wrote:

I have the exact same problem..

I have just come off the phone after 2 hours with HP and they are not able to help!

I can not just throw away a 3000 dollar notebook! so I guess the enxt action is to go legal

See below:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B_yvUkcuUoUXTlVhcVRRMVFLOFU

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B_yvUkcuUoUXWVFjNjFwbVdQd1E

Student
Message 8 of 9 (1,271 Views)

I have the same issue and I just got mine today!
Honor Student
Message 9 of 9 (1,179 Views)

Sadly, I'm in the same boat.  I just purchased my HP Spectre 13.3" x360 three weeks ago - and now the touch screen is malfunctioning.  It used to work fine, then required a slightly firmer touch in some places, and now it's not working at all.  I've run all the tests - which, strangely, fail - but the Test Log only shows "Cancelled" - not "Failed".  Weird.

Extremely disappointing.  Will need to return to the store for refund.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation