cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Fix HP Printer issue in macOS

A [software component] will damage your computer message displays when printing or while installing - Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Fix HP Printer issue in macOS

A [software component] will damage your computer message displays when printing or while installing - Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

HP Spectre x360 - can't get HDR, DxDiag says 4K IPS BrightView display doesn't support it

HP Recommended
HP Spectre x360 13-ap0
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
I purchased a HP Spectre x360 in Dec 2019 believing it had a 4k display, but when I run DirectDx Diagnostic Tool (dxdiag), it clearly states that HDR is not supported. I've attached a copy my laptop specs from my online order, and it's pretty 

• I've tried installing the latest HP graphics driver but I get an error message that my computer didn't meet the minimum requirements. 
  • I've tried installing graphics drivers from the HP website and I get an error message that my OS (10.0.19041.1) doesn't support it 
  • I've tried installing the latest bios from the HP website (the page where it lists the software & drivers after detecting my machine) but I get an error message that my computer didn't meet the minimum requirements. 
  • I installed the Intel Graphics Command Center and it says that I need to install HDR codecs
  • When i run the DirectX Diagnostic scan (dxdiag), it shows that neither HDR nor Advanced Color is supported, and the Monitor Capabilities & the Display Panel Format are both unknown 
  • I've run the HP Support Assistant but it shows me as having no updates
  • I reinstalled Windows, that made no difference
  • I tried contacting support, but they didn't seem to understand the question & we lost contact after I installed the latest Windows updates
  • DxDiag report:  https://www.dropbox.com/dxdiag 

I believe the issue is with the display driver, which is a "Generic PnP", which I don't believe is compatible with 4K. A while back I thought I was upgrading the native driver that was factory installed on the laptop, but must have downgraded it to a generic driver instead.

PLEASE HELP!! 

HP Spectre.png

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation