Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Spectre 360x 15.6 (2019 model)
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I use my business proprietary remote desktop program.  Periodically, my screen goes "microscopic"....around certain applications and downloading PDFs.  Any ideas on how to manage the resolution better?  I am on the latest version of Win 10...would it be preferable to upgrade to Win 10 Pro?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Cynthia413 

I saw you have another post

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/My-HP-Spectre-x360-15-6-display-is-fa...

I will close other post, and only use this post.

>>>> I use my business proprietary remote desktop program

Please check with your IT department at work, they should be able to help you because this could be normal for your remote desktop application.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Hello, In regards to the display size:  I already provide my model number etc to HP online tech support.  It is 7CK54U8R.  The online reps have no idea what I am talking about.  They just tell me to return the 2in1 laptop if I don't like the screen.  I really don't want to return it, especially if this is a normal display.  I have done a lot of trouble shooting already...Upgraded BIOS, Windows 10 and all other updates.  Again, there is a 1" black border top and bottom plus .25 " right and left.  I read in one of the tech magazines that the 2019 models only take up 80% of the screen real estate while the 2020 cover 90%.  The resolution is fine...display is nice and sharp (except for remote desktop). Thanks so much.

HP Recommended

Hello, In regards to the display size:  My model number is 7CK54U8R.  I am just verifying that it is normal to have  a .75" black border top and bottom plus .25 " right and left (essentially a frame) and that this is not an edge to edge display. I read in one of the tech magazines that the 2019 model only take up 80% of the screen real estate while the 2020 cover 90% with a smaller footprint.  The resolution is fine...display is nice and sharp (except for remote desktop). Thanks so much.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.