Locked topic

This topic has been locked due to inactivity for a long period of time. If you have a question, please create a new topic by clicking here.
fgcr Honor Student
Honor Student
3 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Stream 11 Pro G2 Notebook White Screen

HP Stream 11 Pro G2
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

This computer is used by a class of 33 students. The Student brought me the computer with a white screen. He said all he did was boot it up. I turned it off and turned it on several times and it just gives you the white screen. I tried hitting the esc key when turning on the computer I was able to see the screen for a few seoconds and selected f2 but then it also became a white screen.

So I connected it to a projector using an HDMI cable and it I was able to see it. I  logged in and can do anything i need if it's connected to the projector. I've looked at the computer there are no dings or scratches, I've pressed around the screen and hinges area to  see if there is something loose but it will not show the screen. So my question is what now? The warrenty expired Jan 7. Is it the screen that needs replacing or is it possibly a wire that loose inside? 

This is the same batch of computers that I had one computer overheat while being turned off and charging. It  started burning and smoking two weeks ago from the plug that goes into the computer. I'm starting to worry that these computers cannot handle the use of students daily for four hours. I haven't hand any issues with our chromebook carts or macbooks. Looking for a solution thanks.

4 REPLIES
Provost Provost
Provost
37072 5593 9641
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The symptoms you describe indicate a problem with the display panel. There is some chance it is just a loose cable but not really likely. Most likely it needs a new panel. Do you have an IT department who could assist? I am going to try to escalate this so someone with some authority can come into the thread. 

0 Kudos
fgcr Honor Student
Honor Student
3 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I do, they just take 2 months to get an answer as to what's wrong with the computer and meanwhile the class is short a computer. If possible I was going to try and fix it myself.

0 Kudos
Provost Provost
Provost
37072 5593 9641
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I do that kind of thing myself occsionally. Where are you (country)? I can help you find a screen, instructions in writing and maybe even a video on how to replace the screen. 

0 Kudos
fgcr Honor Student
Honor Student
3 0 0
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

US - California

Thank would be great thank you.

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation