Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Stream 14-cb161wm
Microsoft Windows 10 in S Mode

so i got this hp stream 14. if you connect the charger it shoes charging led. if you press the power button it lights up indicating that it is on and booting. but there is no display on the monitor at all. no bios screen. no splash screen nothing. connected it to a hdmi output and it receives no display as well. tested screen on another laptop and the screen is fine. but can get no display at all

help! please!

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@lotuskings

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

Turn off the computer. Press and hold the Windows + V keys, and then simultaneously press and hold the power button. After 2 to 3 seconds, continue to press and hold the Windows + V keys, but release the power button. When the CMOS Reset screen displays or you hear beeping sounds, release the Windows + V keys. 

If PC is not booting to Bios using F10 and issue still persist then it is a hardware issue on the PC.

BIOS - https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/ish_3932413-2337994-16

Let me know if this helps.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.