Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Tilt Pen
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I've had multiple problems in my first 3 weeks of owning the HP Tilt Pen that came with my HP Spectre.

Firstly I had the bluetooth issue that are publicly known about and I was able to reconnect the device as per HP instructions, happy here.

Secondly, I have had inconsistent issues with pen accuracy, I have followed the guides for use but occasionally the pen will make sudden swipes to one side or another. This is very frustrating and not expected for the price of this product.

Thirdly, when I first used the pen the tilt feature worked very well with the in-built "Sketchpad", I could tilt the pen to the side with the pencil and it would alter the width of the stroke. I really liked this feature but by the second or third use the tilt function has completely failed and has never returned through several resets of the pen and drivers.

Finally I have just attempted to use the pen and the tip is ceasing to be detected by the laptop, the buttons and rear end are working fine but the main thin tip is just not being registered at all.

I was hoping to raise this issue with the device warranty but I am unable to add this to my HP Support Assistant as I cannot find the serial number, there was a post on this forum asking for the location of the serial number but the HP staff member that responded only aided that individual through private messaging so this was no help to me.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hey there! @BMason25, Welcome to HP forums.

I understand you using the HP tilt pen on your laptop.

Don't worry I'll try to help you out.

Did you make any software or hardware changes on your PC?

Please share the product number of your PC to assist you better.

Excellent description and a great diagnosis done. It is greatly appreciated.

If the pen does not write consistently while your fist or palm is touching the screen, make sure the pen tip is 5mm or farther from the point where your hand is contacting the screen.

Try few troubleshooting steps below and check if it helps.

Reinstall the original touchscreen device driver that came installed on your computer using the following steps:

1. In Windows, search for and open Device Manager.

2. Expand the Human Interface Devices heading.

3.The touchscreen device is labeled HID-compliant touch screen, or similar. Right-click the touchscreen device and select Uninstall.

4. Confirm the uninstallation.

5. Restart the computer to reinstall the touchscreen driver.

Also, update the BIOS and graphics driver on your PC and check if it helps.

You can try updating the drivers using the HP support assistant.

Refer this article to know more information about using HP support assistant.

Also, refer this article to further troubleshoot Stylus Pen Is Inaccurate or Stops Working issues. Click Here

Hope this answers your query!

Have a great day ahead! 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi MrRobot,

Thank you for your response, 

My Product Number is 2QF92EA#ABU, I do not believe it could be an issue with the touchscreen drivers as the touchscreen operates properly. The rear end of the HP Tilt Pen also functions correctly so I belive the issue lies directly with the pen hardware. Would you be able to help me locate the Serial Number so that I can request for it to be repaired?

I have applied all other updates possible for this device via the HP Support Assistant including the BIOS update.

HP Recommended

@BMason25, Thanks for your prompt response and time.

I appreciate your efforts for writing back to us.

As you mentioned the issue still persists after trying out the steps.

There is no serial number for the HP Tilt pen. It is a whole part replacement.

Please find the part number for the HP Tilt pen listed below.

2MY21AA

You can purchase the part from HP parts store using this link. Click Here

Let me know if this helps!

Take Care! 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I have the same issue with my tilt pen. these random wrong swipes and cursor jumps to the right while letting my hand rest on the touch spoils the whole experience of using display as a paper to write.
if this issue doesnt get fixed am gonna have to switch to better options like the ipad since I only take my digital pen with me to the university.

HP Recommended

after installing the hp tilt driver and hp pen control the problem is solved !!!! and the pen works trustworthly !!! I guess hp should force the driver installation for all new users.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.