Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Tilt Pen
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Why is the HP Tilt Pen, despite being significantly more expensive than the base HP Pen that comes with the laptop I purchased, so much worse? Since Pen Control doesn't work with it, I can't customize it at all to do anything more than open an app with the button. Not to mention, the tilt functionality straight up doesn't work as advertised. I have the most up to date drivers too.

My main concern is, as an illustrator, being able to link actions such as "undo" to the buttons on the pen--which I can apparently do on the base pen but can't do on this one. Why is the more expensive pen so much worse?

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@dart19

Welcome to the HP Support Community!

I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

In order that I may provide you with an accurate solution, I will need a few more details and I would appreciate if you could, perhaps elaborate on your concern.

• What is the make and model of your computer?
  • Is the pen compatible with your computer?
  • What is the product number of the tilt pen?
  • Have you performed any troubleshooting steps before posting?

Look forward to hearing from you and you have a great day!

Take care.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

My laptop is an HP Envy x360 15z-ds100.

I don't know if it's compatible or not, I would assume yes because it came with the laptop during the ordering screen.

The product number of the pen is 929863-001.

I have tried googling as much as I could about this problem to try and troubleshoot it but there's very little to no information online about this pen. Even the tech support HP website is unable to actually display any information about the pen when I input the serial number.

If the pen isn't compatible with this laptop and there's no customization options for it, why is there an option to "upgrade" to this pen from a pen that is compatible with this laptop and has customization?

HP Recommended

@dart19

Below are the supported pens on your computer.

Pen:

Impreza 929863-002

Sunwoda 920241-001

Pen tip:

Cadillac L04536-001

Impreza L04536-002

Refer to the below service guide for your computer for more information.

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c06267280

LI hope that answers your question and you have a great day!

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

Stay Home – Stay Safe

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

If those are the only pens that work with my laptop, then why does the pen that I paid an extra $50 for that comes with the laptop not work on it? Isn't that like packaging a laptop charger with my laptop that doesn't work and not offering a replacement?

HP Recommended

@dart19

I recommend you contact support and they will assist you in this regard.

Here is how you can get in touch with support.

1)Click on this link – www.hp.com/contacthp/

2)Select the product type.

3)Enter the serial number of your device or select let HP detect your product option.

4)Select the country from the drop-down.

5)You should see the HP phone support number or Chat option listed.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I cannot contact HP support through that site because it won't accept my pen's serial number. If I try to manually input HP Tilt Pen, it also has no options for contacting support. 

HP Recommended

@dart19

Help me with your region (Country) in a private message and I will share the contact details.

Thanks!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.