Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP - ENVY x360 15-bp150na 15.6" 2 in 1
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

I recently bought an HP Tilt Pen for my laptop, the tilt functionality started to work after I downloaded the "HP Tilt Pen driver Version: 1.0.0.22 Revision: A", but the driver keeps crashing for no apparent reason. Sometimes it takes a while and some other times keeps crashing all the time since I start to work with it. The bluetooth connection seems not to be the problem, since the pen keeps paired all the time.

The message that the Windows reliability and problem history always show me when this happen is:

Description
Faulting Application Path: C:\Program Files\ELAN\EzTiltPen\EzTiltPenAgent.exe

Problem signature
Problem Event Name: BEX
Application Name: EzTiltPenAgent.exe
Application Version: 1.0.0.22
Application Timestamp: 5afd3f9e
Fault Module Name: StackHash_2beb
Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 00000000
Exception Offset: PCH_76_FROM_ntdll+0x0006A7EC
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Data: 00000008
OS Version: 10.0.17134.2.0.0.768.101
Locale ID: 2057
Additional Information 1: 2beb
Additional Information 2: 2beba6fb4680d73a8c78ca7c24ccdb46
Additional Information 3: 9cbb
Additional Information 4: 9cbb96fd98ad2db237e9e850ca5d0351

Extra information about the problem
Bucket ID: eaa0c6d4571ef83c9771271568ff1e81 (1689174308149993089)

Please help, I need to use the pen for work and this issue is very annoying.

17 REPLIES 17
HP Recommended

@Dariog,

Good day. Than you for reaching out to the HP community again. I read the case and will be happy to assist you. Terrific description and superb presentation of the issue. Kudos to you for that. 

• Did you try updating the bios and check if it works?

Let's try these steps:

• Run all the latest Windows updates and ensure that they are installed correctly.
  • Then update the bios, chipset and graphics drivers from this link: http://hp.com/drivers  and follow the on-screen instructions.
  • Also, update the touchscreen firmware if found.
  • Then run all HP support assistant updates and install them as recommended.

• Later follow instructions from this link: https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/HP-Spectre-X2-Consumer-Version-Stylus... and check only the last post as it is an accepted solution where another customer shared his best practices with the community for several others to benefit. It was magnanimous on his part to do that.

Good luck and keep me posted about the developments. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue and give the post a Kudos for my efforts to help. Thank you and have a great week ahead. 🙂

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello David,

Thanks for your answer, but none of these solutions worked. I updated BIOS and some firmware, and all the Chipset/Graphic/Keyboard, Mouse and Input Devices drivers seem up to date as the Windows Device Manager says that the best drivers for my device are already installed and I have no updates left in Windows update or HP Support Assistant.

Any other idea?, what about the problem report that the Windows reliability and problem history shows me? is possible to get any solution out of it?

Regards,

Dario

HP Recommended

@Dariog,

I read the response and your awesome patience and efforts are truly appreciated. There is more to it than meets the eye.

I will send you a private message to assist you with the next course of action. Check your forum private message box in the upper right corner next to the bell icon. 

Thank you and have a blessed week ahead.

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi, I had the same problem with tilt pen. The instructions above did not help. Was there a way to solve it?

HP Recommended

HP Recommended

@martin-b,

Welcome to the HP Support Community!

I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

In order that I may provide you with an accurate solution, I will need a few more details and I would appreciate if you could, perhaps elaborate on your concern.

• What is the exact model for your computer?
  • What is the operating system you are using?
  • What is the exact issue you are facing?
  • Have you made any software or hardware changes on the computer?
  • Have you performed any troubleshooting steps before posting?

Look forward to hearing from you and you have a great day!

Take care.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

HP Recommended

@martin-b,

Thank you for the information.

I recommend you download and install the tilt pen driver from the below link and check if it helps.

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp96001-96500/sp96464.exe

If you continue facing the issue, then update the BIOS from the below link.

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp96501-97000/sp96808.exe

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.