Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Spectre x360 13 ae-000
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi all,
I write again on the forum to segnalate a new issue on my Spectre. 
After "fighting" two month with the repair center, they finally change motherboard, touchscreen and other small parts on my spectre for an issue with the digitizer.
Now I have the notebook from a week and the digitizer is more precise and have more sensitivity to pressure but when I'm writing every 20-30 seconds (randomly) the pen stop writing for a while (it seems a lag). This seem a software issue.
I suggest to HP to improve the driver of touchscreen seriously, because for me and for other customers this is the worst product in term of optimization (and assistance) that I ever bought. 

And another big thing to improve is the HP Pen Control software. All other brand have a good suite to customize the pen (change the pressure sensitivity, regulate jittering and other things, see for example the Surface App or the Wacom App) but HP only offer a old software that permit to customize only the side buttons.

Anybody agree to me or have the same problems?

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

@diegocom

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP.

They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number.

Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact.

Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

HP Recommended

I have the exact same problem. Happens in every software I tried and with every pen I tried (HP Tilt Pen, Wacom Bamboo Ink). There's no difference between using a Windows Ink or a native writing detection app.

This bug is really annoying and has to be fixed as soon as possible. When writing, I have to re-write 30% of all words and have to be very careful not to miss one, because of the pen lag.

I still have time to return my device. Is it most likely a hardware or software issue? And will it be fixed soon?

HP Recommended

UPDATE: After Windows April Update 1803 this issue seems to go away (or it happens a very few times)

HP Recommended

My machine: HP Spectre x360 13-ae007tu

The problem you have still there after 1803 update.  I've tried with Surface Pen 2018, Adonit Ink, and the HP Active Stylus (no tilt, came with the machine) they all do the same thing.

Further more I have the following problem:

1. drwing 10 "I" line, 1cm tall semi quickly, "IIIIIIIIII", some of the stroke will be either missing completely, or partial draw, always start "missing" from the start of the stroke.

• I tried with all 3 pens stated above. same problem.
  • left half of the screen(digitizer) is much better, most of the time 1 stroke with about 2~3mm missing, but workable, meaning that hand writing notes on the left side of the screen is ok.
  • on few occations (during a week or 2 trial), both side works fine, but soon the right side start failing again.
  • Seems like there is a big lag during the problematic stroke and the digitizer simply didn't pick up the stroke.
  • If I go slow, very slow, pen down and wait 1 sec, digitizer picks up 99% of time.  But I simply cannot wait a second or more on every stroke......

2. Jitter, the whole screen have this issue, when right side start missing stroke with the problem 1 above, jitter is much more pronounce. 

So for N-trig (mpp) device, I need to write fast to reduce jitter, but if I write fast, I have problem 1......

I've tried most of the things found on web trying to fix it.

a. reset HP sepectre (hold power 15 sec .... ect)

b. registry edit.

• touch prediction
  • Wisp Pen setting
  • disable flick

c. with or without a film on the screen

d. batterie change (or charge up in the case of adonit ink)

e. and of course, all driver updated even BIOS is the lates Version 21

f. making sure eztouchfilter is running under the human interface (device manager), and the latest version 1.0.0.6

hope someone can share some thought on this, I ran out of options already....

HP Recommended

I have exactly the same problem on the right side of the screen. I often write empty letters, that is, the digitizer does not detect my movement at all but just wait a few seconds and do it again that magically works. 
I 'm attaching two videos where you see the problem:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yo9YLfv07MI

-https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mLTmLFZ0b9E

As you can see in the videos, even turning the screen upside down, the problem always remains on the right side. I do not understand how it is possible

HP Recommended

Apologies for necrobumping, but I have this exact same issue and have yet to find a fix for it. I have the HP Spectre x360 - 15-ch017nr.

HP Recommended

The only solution I know is to return it to HP for replacing the screen.  Sucks I know, but then I’m using iPad Pro now so goodbye Ntrig+HP

HP Recommended

Annotation 2019-09-16 104655.pngI have the same issue at the moment. I have tried resetting the pc as well as trying new batteries in the pen, trying a new pen, updating drivers, cleaning the screen, etc. OneNote as well as other writing programs have the issue shown in the image where the recognition of the line stops while writing a continuous line without picking up the pen at a constant speed. Any fixes?

HP Recommended

I was able to get in touch with the technical person who assisted in the built of the specter x360 - 13 aexxx, he told me that the only fix is to get it back to hp.  No other software fix can fix that.  Hope it helps,

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.