Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

HP Tilt Pen (supplied with HP Spectre) eraser not erasing

HP Recommended
HP Spectre Tilt Pen
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

The eraser is no longer working on my tilt pen.  It used to work fine, but stopped.

It still works for clicking functions - like the long press or double click to activate certain things in windows.  It is just the eraser function when you apply a small amount of pressure to erase inking in applications like OneNote that is not working.

I have tried the pen on another device and the problem persists.  I tried a different pen on my device, and that one worked fine.  So it is clearly something wrong with this particular pen. 

Is this a hardware issue?  I'm thinking the best thing to do is get it replaced under warranty, but thought I'd check here before I go to the trouble to have it sent off...

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
16,502 16,462 708 779
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@atompkins

Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

This sounds like hardware related issue with the HP Pen. Hence, I would request you to contact our Support and our Support Engineers should be able to sort this out. HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link:  www.hp.com/contacthp/

Please feel free to contact us here anytime you need any further assistance. Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Highlighted
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Have the same problem with my pen.

Contacted HP (HP Japan whom I bought it through), but apparently pen is only guaranteed for 1 year (was told it was not part of my 3 year extended warranty coverage) and so I will have to buy a new one.

Not so long ago I had to contact HP regarding my battery which suddenly became undetected by the system and it happened barely weeks before the end of the 1 year warranty (was reminded that the battery wouldn't be covered by my extra purchase of 3 year extended warranty so I was kind of lucky I contacted them ASAP).

My x360 laptop has only just crossed into it's 13th month and it starting to make me worry about what else might break.

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation