Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Envy x360 15-cn1073wm
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have HP Envy x360 convertible 15-cn1073wm. I purchased the HP tilt pen 2MY21AA#ABL.  The device is paired and connected and in active bluetooth mode.  The pen draws, the barrel button works, and the eraser button works when pressed to open an app.  Neither the flip to erase nor the tilt functions work.  The flip to erase worked at one point, but in the effort to get the tilt functionality working I updated drivers and now the flip to erase doesn't work.  Device manager indicates the driver is dated 2006!?  when I try to update it windows indicates the latest version is already installed.  Please help.

19 REPLIES 19
HP Recommended

@edwright Welcome to HP Community!

I understand that the tilt pen unable to flip to erase.

Updating the Tilt Pen driver might help.

Before Updating drivers, consider creating a Restore Point:

Stop all programs:  Browsers, games, Applications, etc.

Control Panel > icon view > System > System Protection > 

Click (Highlight) your main disk (C) > Select Create a Restore Point

HP Tilt Pen Driver - Version 1.0.0.6

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

HP Recommended

Greetings! Have the above suggestion worked for you?

I have the exact same machine and hadn't tried an HP Tilt pen *yet*.

As is, really nothing else works for it.

Freelance artist and ferret farmer of furious funny ferrets!
HP Recommended

@Ferretcookies77

Please provide the laptop product number.

Note: Please ensure the complete product name/number for a quicker response from the community, as we need to know what we are dealing with to provide an accurate solution: 

Click here for steps on finding the information we need!

Remember: Do not share any of your personal information such as serial, phone number, email ID, etc.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03754824

Have a nice day!!

HP Recommended

It's the exact product name as listed above. 

HP Envy X360 15-cn1073wm

It has the hp tilt pen drivers pre-installed. 

HP Recommended

@Ferretcookies77

Thank you for the information.

Did you check the updated compatibility list for the stylus on HP x360? Click here, if you haven't. 

While you respond to that, I've taken the liberty of listing out the details you need to identify the accurate part: 

HP Tilt Pen (Microsoft)

2MY21AA

HP SPS: 929863-001 (Dark Ash Silver) / 929863-002 (Natural Silver)

You have to use the above HP tilt pen only.

You could purchase the part from HP, use the HP Parts surfer to identify the part: http://partsurfer.hp.com/search.aspx 

And order it via the HP Parts store: https://parts.hp.com/hpparts/CountryChoice.aspx?mscssid=&ccode=ZZ&lcode=ZZ 

Or alternatively, Contact HP for setting up an order/service via phone support

Have a nice day!!   

HP Recommended

Yes, I have seen the list. But I didn't know it was updated, however.

Having said that, I greatly appreciate in confirming which pen I need to purchase.  

I was a bit worried because the laptop has a sticker on it saying it accepts a 'pen' but didn't say which. Thank you!20200123_093049.jpg 😅

HP Recommended

@Ferretcookies77

I understand your concerns.

I have checked the pen supported product list. It will support both a pen and a tilt pen.

Have a nice day!!

HP Recommended

I have updated to the driver sp87998 as suggested. The pen still does not function properly.  the pen is paired. when I look at bluetooth devices, I see the tiltpen, but it doesn't show the battery level.  I seem to recall reading somewhere it should.  In whiteboard, when I flip the pen to erase, it seems to select the item I'm trying to erase and move it. Tilt still does nothing in Photoshop with a tilt-enabled pen.

HP Recommended

The complete laptop model number is in the original post.  Since then I have upgraded to the HP Spectre x360 Convertible 15-df1040nr.  (8AD19UA#ABA).  I have the same issues.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.