Locked topic

This topic has been locked due to inactivity for a long period of time. If you have a question, please create a new topic by clicking here.
linuxcircle Top Student
Top Student
4 0 1
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Truevision HD front camera not detected on HP Spectre X2 need drivers for Linux Fedora 23

HP Spectre X2
Linux

HP Truevision HD front camera not detected on HP Spectre X2 need drivers for Linux Fedora 23, running kernel 4.5.6.

The Intel 3D R200 cam at the rear worked well out of the box. But the front one is not even detected as a device.

I know the physical hardware is ok because it works on Windows 10 on the Intel provided driver.

Is there a patch or driver that I can download to fix this to work on Linux?

3 REPLIES
Retired
Retired
228 19 37
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Truevision HD front camera not detected on HP Spectre X2 need drivers for Linux Fedora 23

Hello @linuxcircle

Welcome back to the HP Forum!

I understand you are looking to have your front facing web cam recognized in Linux. 

HP can provide you hardware support but does not support Linux. Since you stated the cam is working in Windows 10, the issue would be with the drivers. 

Here is a link you may find helpful. 

If you wish to say Thanks for my efforts to help, click the Thumbs up below!

Thanks!

Please click the Thumbsup.JPG below to show you like/appreciate my post or to simply say thanks!

Please share what worked for you with others by marking the post as solved by clicking the Accept as Solution button.

Thanks - I work on behalf of HP

0 Kudos
linuxcircle Top Student
Top Student
4 0 1
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for your reply, but what I need is a more specific answer whether anyone has installed Linux sucessfully with both cameras working.

Also if there is a specific driver, or workaround to enable the front camera?

Your link is mainly saying HP do not generally support Linux, and provided links to Windows drivers.

I don't want Windows, that's why I am intalling Linux in the first place, and bought the Spectre in the hope that it will work just fine with Linux

0 Kudos
Retired
Retired
228 19 37
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @linuxcircle

You may want to try looking at the Fedora Forums as the majority of users on these forums are using the Windows operating systems. 

Thanks!

Please click the Thumbsup.JPG below to show you like/appreciate my post or to simply say thanks!

Please share what worked for you with others by marking the post as solved by clicking the Accept as Solution button.

Thanks - I work on behalf of HP

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation