1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Truevision HD won't work

Pavilion 15 AK
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello!

I just recently needed to use my webcam for the first time (skype meetings, etc.) but was unable to do so.

Skype (desktop software, windows 10 app or web app) systematically fails to start video calls. The webcam seems to be on (indicator light on), but no image shows up. Similarly, the YouCam utility is unable to display any image from the cam, and so is the Facebook messenger...

I have followed the troubleshooting advices on this page from HP online support, but nothing has changed. I have also read and tried some suggestions on the forum. No success for the moment... Any idea or suggestion?

I have by the way noticed that the organization of my device manager somewhat differs from the one described by the HP support. Maybe this could be related to the problem? The camera does not appear in "Imaging device", but in two occurrences : "HP Truevision HD" in the "Camera" category and "CyberLink WebCam Virtual Driver 6.0" in the "Audio, video, game controllers" category. Any app/software consistently offers two camera possibilities, both of them failing.

Since the indicator light of the cam lights up when it is supposed to, I would say that the problem is of software/driver origin, but I have no idea...

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation