Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Spectre i7 x360 15" Notebook with USB-C Dock G5
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

When hooking a long HDMI cable from my Samsung TV on HDMI port 4 to my new laptop thru the USB-C Dock G5 to either the 2 Display Ports or the 1 HDMI port, it doesn't show my laptop desktop on the TV as it did with my old laptop. The TV Source program will say there is "No Signal" and if I unplug the HDMI cable from the Dock, then it will say "No Cable". If I plug directly into the onboard laptop HDMI port then it will display my desktop on the TV with no problem.  Unplugging the cable to the Dock will cause the laptop display to refresh because it senses the change in the second display.  When I have a regular HDMI Monitor plugged into Dock, it duplicates and/or extends the laptop display with no issue.

Is there a refresh rate issue or something else?

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@kenmarkusa 

I do not have a Samsung TV to test. I used my Panasonic TV's (one 12yrs old 60" Plasma FHD and one 4yrs old 65" 4K LED) they all work.

Please try to update firmware for the dock

https://support.hp.com/au-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-usb-c-dock-g5/27767205

Hope this helps

Note: my machine is HP Elitebook 840 G5 using Thunderbolt™ 3 port.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

I updated the USB-C Dock G5 Firmware which was already updated except for an audio driver which I installed today.

HP-USB-C-Dock-G5-Audio-Driver-Update-v6.3.9600.205_05272019_sp96688.exe

This had no affect on the problem at hand.

Plugging into the laptop HDMI works but not in the USB-C Dock G5 Display Ports (x2) nor HDMI ports.

I have since taken my second Dell S2440L 24" LED Monitor and plugged it into all three video ports of the Dock and it immediately recognizes the Dell Display is connected and sets in up as an extended display of the laptop display.

So, the Dock appears to be working for all three ports for a standard LED Monitor.

The TV is a current 2014 Model:

Samsung SmartTV 3D 4K Curved UHD LED HDTV 55" Series 9000 4 HDMI WIFI

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.