Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

Holy smokes..... several hours on the phone to HP and you fixed it in 1 post.... I'm going to see if it holds up but this worked first time!
You're a hero my man!

HP Recommended

Update: I just installed the most recent Intel UHD Graphics Driver (27.20.100.8935, dated 10/28/2020) and the diagonal USB-C port seems to be working fine again with my Spectre and G5 dock.  Not sure if it will last.  There are still some odd graphics behaviors triggered on certain websites such as Apple Music.

HP Recommended

Although one caveat, it works after a complete reset but when you install the Windows updates it stops working again, HP have informed me there is a patch coming for the Windows issue on November 27th which will be rolled out.

Their advice is to turn off Windows updates until that point.

HP Recommended

Man, reading this post was like a good thriller. Will there be a solution for my problem or not?

How will the patch be distributed? Via Windows Update or is it a firmware update for the G5? Or a separate download from the HP website?

Will it also work with non-HP-Notebooks? I have an Acer.

Thanks

Philipp

HP Recommended

Hi,

does anyone know, if the patch was already released and where to get it?

Thanks

Philipp

HP Recommended

Could anyone please be so kind and help?

In the meantime, I tested the dock with an HP Notebook. Same behaviour as with the Acer.

Thanks

Philipp

HP Recommended

I just installed a BIOS patch (version F.22) via the HP Support Assistant app, and after the installation/reboot, my HDMI monitor once again works over a USB-C hub. Hooray! Finally! 🎉  (HP Spectre X360)

P.S. I have avoided messing around with graphics drivers etc. for the past few months, so my setup is reasonably 'vanilla' as far as I know; just using Windows Update and the HP Support Assistant.

P.P.S. Back in the HP Support Assistant App, it still shows that the firmware needs to be installed, even though I literally just did it. So that's strange.

HP Recommended

It is a Bios-Update not an Update for the dock, isn't it?

So, it won't help with my Acer?

Philipp

HP Recommended

Yes it was the laptop BIOS -- I've clarified this in the post now.

HP Recommended

So, last try was, what Einarimente recommended. I also tried a January Driver but nothing worked.

I will sell this dock and buy the Dell D6000. I tested it and it simply worked plug and play.

BR

Philipp

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.