Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavilion model 14ce-3510sa
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi , 

I purchased Pavilion laptop 14ce-3510sa in Nov 2020. The webcam video in general and on Zoom at night within the house shows grainy video of myself.

During the day in natural light the video appears to be clear.

Please help as it is very frustrating to have this problem in a new laptop.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hello,

Welcome to the HP Support Community 🙂

If it is fine during daylight, then it works fine. Every camera cannot make good pictures or video without a proper light. >> https://www.howtogeek.com/282487/how-to-take-photos-at-night/

Generally speaking (without checking any specific details about your PC model) I can say that what you describe is normal. Laptop web cameras are made that way. No matter the improvement in recent years laptop cameras have been like that since the last decade or so. You cannot expect a good laptop camera to be better than this, especially with a poor light, like in night time.

And this is not the case with HP. Every manufacturer  ships laptops with such cameras.

Hope this helps.

Your FEEDBACK is important. Use the interactive buttons below and let me know if the post helps ;
*** HP employee *** I express personal opinion only *** Joined the Community in 2013
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.