cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
The HP Calculator Community Message Board is moving. While we prepare for the move, we are unable to accept new postings. During the move, you can look for help from other users by visiting https://www.hpmuseum.org/ . Or if you need technical support for your calculator visit: HP Calculators. .
VENKY4
2 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

HP Webcam video appears grainy

HP Recommended
Pavilion model 14ce-3510sa
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi , 

I purchased Pavilion laptop 14ce-3510sa in Nov 2020. The webcam video in general and on Zoom at night within the house shows grainy video of myself.

During the day in natural light the video appears to be clear.

Please help as it is very frustrating to have this problem in a new laptop.

1 REPLY 1
IT_WinSec
Level 15
Level 15
10,093 7,240 814 3,635
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello,

Welcome to the HP Support Community 🙂

If it is fine during daylight, then it works fine. Every camera cannot make good pictures or video without a proper light. >> https://www.howtogeek.com/282487/how-to-take-photos-at-night/

Generally speaking (without checking any specific details about your PC model) I can say that what you describe is normal. Laptop web cameras are made that way. No matter the improvement in recent years laptop cameras have been like that since the last decade or so. You cannot expect a good laptop camera to be better than this, especially with a poor light, like in night time.

And this is not the case with HP. Every manufacturer  ships laptops with such cameras.

Hope this helps.

>> Your FEEDBACK is important. Use the interactive buttons below and let me know if the post helps <<
*** I work for HP *** I express personal opinion only *** HP Expert - volunteer since 2013
Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation