1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

HP ZBook 15 G6 can't wake up external monitors

HP Recommended
HP ZBook 15 G6
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello everybody!

I have multiple HP ZBook 15 G6 at my work that's not working properly. 

All G6 is connected to HP Thunderbolt G2 - 230W docking station and the issue is that when the external monitors are going in sleep mode, we can't manage to wake them up. If we then flip up the laptop and have a look at the internal screen it's all black aswell. The only way to get the monitors to wake up is by removing the cable between PC and docking station. 

Note that it's not the PC that's going into sleep mode. The power settings is set that computer will never go to sleep while "plugged in". The monitors on other hand is set to enter sleep mode after 21 minutes. The setting is called "Turn of the display" in power plan settings. 

I've been in contact with HP support and tried many things, but nothing have really solved anything. 

Anyone who heard about this issue, any clues? 

Regards

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation