8 4 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Zbook 15 G5 - 4k Matte screen looks terrible with white background

Zbook 15 G5
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Good afternoon,

So after going around the block on various Zbooks I decided to buy a G5 from eBay second hand, that has a 4k IPS screen with a matte finish. 

The machine is great - very well built, very powerful and does everything I want it to.

There is an issue however - the screen has a really terrible matte finish, or at least that is what I assume it is. I can only really describe it as like having a screen protector on your phone that makes it look like the screen is smudged - when it arrived I assumed there might be a screen protector on it, but am told there definitely isn't... To be honest it is so bad on a white background that I assumed there was an issue, but am told by the seller that this is normal. 

Can anyone confirm if this is the case? In addition, the machine is still under warranty, would it be possible to get this looked into and/or get an upgrade (happy to pay a bit) to a better screen? I assume as it was 4K and IPS it would be great, but my word, it is very underwhelming on a white background. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated, 

Thanks,

Tim

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation