5 2 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP laptop Webcam showing as enabled, driver updated: WONT turn on

HP-360 Notebook
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

Hello,

My father passed away, and I have his laptop now. It's just an old fella I use to watch Netflix in bed sometimes. 😕

But now: My iMac is in the shop so I am trying to use this to finish a video editing project.  I have read and tried every option on this forum. This camera is hooked up, where is THE BUTTON to make it RECORD. I am so annoyed 😞 >_>

I've done:

Start>device manager>Imaging Devices> HP Webcam-101. Yes. It is showing. Cool. I click on it: "Device is working properly" ok cool. It should be, I just updated the driver.

Now. How the BLEEP do I press record and actually USE IT?!

Forum suggested so: I opened Youtube, there is no icon located anywhere as suggested to activate the camera. I have also tried: Yahoo Messenger, FB, and other programs, there is NO icon showing to use or open a camera.

It has windows media player and quicktime. Neither one shows anything to open the camera. They will play videos, but HOW DO I OPEN THE CAMERA AND PRESS "RECORD"?!

Please /\ I have tried every possible step as suggested here in these forums. It is visible, it is showing as connected, I followed everything people said to direct and check if it is working. IT IS WORKING. 

Can someone now direct me as to HOW TO MAKE IT OPEN AND ACTUALLY RECORD SOMETHING? Is there a program I need to download? There is nothing anywhere on this entire laptop that shows a video camera icon to press record. There is NO webcam ICON. And when going to find it under Imaging Devices, yep, there it is! But clicking on it only shows you if it is configured. Yes! It is! @ Thank you! 

Now if it would actually OPEN and RECORD, that would be so wonderful and great! I have a deadline.

(grumble grumble grumble I am a mac person grumble, and if my dad were here he would show me :'(

2 REPLIES 2
Clothinggurl Top Student
Top Student
5 2 0 0
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

No, it is not under Devices and Printers. 😕

0 Kudos
Clothinggurl Top Student
Top Student
5 2 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Update: Ohhh this is RICH. It just opened using FB messenger. So yes, it opens, it records. Only, I don't want to use it to send a %@&&ING FB message, I just want to USE IT.

Where the BLEEP is the actul ICON or BUTTON to open this web camera: BY ITSELF?? This is bloody well ridiculous!!! >_>!!!!!

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation