Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Laptop 15s-du2xxx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

hi team,

HP laptop display in night light mode permanently , since out of the box

initially i thought its required display driver updatation, i updated display driver but it doesn't worked

now  viewing become worst, irritation to eyes

anybody guide me on this issue

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@dhaneshk I suggest you follow the below steps to change the night mode settings:

1. Open the Settings app by pressing the Windows logo key + I on the keyboard.
  2. In the Settings app, select 'System'.
  3. On the System settings screen, select 'Display' in the left-hand column.
  4. On the right of the screen, click or tap the On/Off toggle switch underneath 'Night light'.

If that doesn't help, you may want to install all available windows updates, as a patch may have been released by Microsoft to resolve such issues, if there are no new updates available, please use the below steps to reinstall the graphics card drivers from the device manager:

Step 1: Use Windows + X and select device manager.

Step 2: look for display adapters, and right click on the available display adapters, then select uninstall, when done, restart the computer.

Step 3: Update the graphics driver for your specific computer model.

For more information on updating drivers, please see HP support document Downloading or Updating Software and Drivers for HP Computers .

P.S: Welcome to HP Community 😉

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

20201001_205347.jpg

HP Recommended

Hi  Riddle,

below  inputs  from my end  on your recommended testing

1.windows 10 update  is up to date till yesterday

2.i unstilled display adaptor from device manager and  installed from HP site for laptop model but no change 

3.night light mode was  in off mode , if made it on , display experience look like coffee without milk, it make irritation  eyes

4.Hardware pixel test failed for colors , for white color it shows  brown white

pls support , this second HP notebook wihich i purchased and  detect manufacturing defect out of the box , and raise case for  technician visit

regards,

dhanesh 

HP Recommended

@dhaneshk Thank you for the update, if you haven't contacted the support team to get the device repaired yet, I suggest you talk to HP support and discuss your options, follow the below steps to get started:

1) Click on this link - http://www.hp.com/contacthp/

2) Click on Sign-in or select the product using the below step:

3) Enter the serial of your device.

4) Select the country from the drop-down.

5) Click on "Show Options".

Fill the web-form, to populate a case number and phone number for yourself!

Also, if you are having trouble navigating through the above options, it's most likely because the device is out of warranty, if yes? please send me a private message with the region you are contacting us from, 

here's how private messages work: Click here for details.

If you wish to thank me for my efforts, you could click on "Accept as solution" on my post as the solution should help others too.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

post new windows update , issue resolved

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.