Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Notebook - 15-ac116tx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

I would like to know the Graphics card update for my Laptop HP Notebook - 15 - ac116tx.

Currently laptop has installed:  AMD Radeon (TM) R5 M330.

Is there any way to upgrade my current Graphics card

I am facing an issue while playing High Graphics Game and Hitting issue.

Can HP service center upgrade this Graphics card

I see a couple of article says that Graphics card usually soldered into the motherboard but new laptops may have the card

holder like RAM upgrade.

Please help me whether my laptop supports the Graphics card upgrade to play the latest Games smoothly OR it is not supported with my laptop.. 

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@Smit_Patel1 

No, you can't update/replace video card on your machine. You have to buy a whole new system board (if available). You can buy the following systems board if you wish

• Intel Core i7-5500U processor and 2 GB of discrete graphics memory part # 815247-601
  • Intel Core i5-5200U processor and 2 GB of discrete graphics memory part # 815245-601
  • Intel Core i3-5020U processor and 2 GB of discrete graphics memory part # 825036-601
  • Intel Core i3-5010U processor and 2 GB of discrete graphics memory part # 815243-601
  • Intel Core i3-5005U processor and 2 GB of discrete graphics memory part # 828181-601  your current machine
  • Intel Core i3-4005U processor and 2 GB of discrete graphics memory part # 815241-601
  • Intel Core i3-5005U processor and 1 GB of discrete graphics memory part # 828180-601
  • Intel Core i3-4005U processor and 1 GB of discrete graphics memory part # 815240-601
  • Intel Pentium N3700 processor and 1 GB of discrete graphics memory part # 815250-601

Note: HP may not stock old parts, you have to order elsewhere. Buy the way, the max video card you can get

AMD Radeon R5 M330 (Exo PRO) with up to 2048 MB of dedicated video memory (256Mx16 DDR3 900MHz x 4 PCs, 1GHz bridge to 900MHz), TDP 18W

which is already on your current machine.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Thank you so much for the information.

Any tips/steps to improve Gaming performance with the current AMD Graphics Card  AMD Radeon (TM) R5 M330)
?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.