Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Omen 17 -AN012DX
  • My 17 inch hp omen laptop is less than a year old.  It is a certified refurbished laptop.  Apparently the warranty started 2 months before I received the laptop and expired less than 2 months after I received it in the mail... Regardless, I am hoping that someone can help me out with my problem.  I went to turn it on and the screen stayed black.  The red power button is on, the caps lock LED is blinking and the orange LED by the AC input is solid. I have tried unplugging it and then holding the power button for 15 seconds and then rebooting but that did nothing.  I also tried to hold down the power button + windows key + b key for 1 second to reset the bio . That also did nothing  The next recommended step is to reset my memory modules.  I'm hoping that there is some kind of mistake about my warranty from HP because, I have never heard of any computer warranty policy being so pathetic that it only lasts 40 days.  If it is in fact a mistake, I don't want to void whatever warranty I do have by opening the laptop case. If they really did totally burn me on my warranty I guess I'll just do whatever I can to get her running again but, I feel like a total sucker. I am so terribly disappointed with this laptop.  I was flabbergasted by how much bloatware came on this thing and I am astounded by the fact it has managed to stop working more quickly than any other computer I've ever had.   Thanks alot HP...
2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@Artood32
I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you for your help. Someone has contacted me. 👍

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.