mgaudette Student
Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP pavilion g6 laptop. How to connect to projector using HDMI cable?

I just bought a projector and I am trying to connect from my laptop via an HDMI cable.  I read as much as I could online, but the directions only say to connect the cable, turn on the machines, use F4 to select where the display will show.  I keep getting "no signal"  fromt the projector.

1 REPLY 1
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
9856 9841 921 1440
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP pavilion g6 laptop. How to connect to projector using HDMI cable?

Hello, @mgaudette – Hope you are well :)

Thanks for engaging in the HP Forums! I see by your post that you are experiencing issues while using a projector. I will certainly do my best to help you!

First off, try to press the Windows logo key + P (Or Fn key + F4) and check if the setting is chosen to “Extend” the screen or to “Duplicate” the screen.

If the screen is extended, but still facing issues, try additional steps listed here: http://hp.care/2s7PlXy 

Please let me know if this resolves the issue, or if you require further assistance!

Good luck :)

Please click "Accepted Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation