Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP pavilion x360 convertible
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a HP pavilion x360 convertible, i bought a HP pen, i tab on the screen with the pen an nothing happened, i downloaded the pen app and said this screen do not work with this pen, even tough the pen instruction said it did. I went to the hp web site, follow instructions, updated the bios and the touch screen stop working. The screen works, meaning i can see, i can click with a mouse, but if i use the screen as touch screen (as it was up until now), the touch screen function is not working, i can not use the screen to tap on it but i can see and i can use the keyboard and the mouse, but i can not use it as a tablet anymore synce the touch screen capabilities do not work.

Need help.

Repavi

12 REPLIES 12
HP Recommended

HP Support Assistant - Driver updates

Hi Repavi
It is likely that you have manually downloaded the generic drivers and have not used the version drop-down option on the HP page you were using.

After typing HP Support Assistant in the search box in the taskbar, open the app.

HP Support Assistant app home page should show that you are logged in and your device is listed.

If not the half man icon on the left-hand side will allow you to fill in your name and email. Then add your device which usually requires your devices serial number. This allows the HP Support Assistant to give your device the correct updates.

You have a problem with your HP device and so I would encourage you to enable the share usage data (with HP) in the settings (cog icon left-hand side). The power of AI might eventually solve your problem in future HP updates.

HP Support Assistant home web page will navigate you too the latest HP software for your device when you click on the check for updates on the home page.

However it is worth manually checking to see if there is another version.

Support resources -> explore

Support Resources web page opens

HP Product Support Center -> Click here >

Error message appears but after about 10 seconds the browser is redirected to a page specific to your HP device.

Sign in (again) at top right of window.

A new web page opens with the Go option which takes me to HP Customer Support - Software and Driver Downloads.

A new feature is that users can choose drivers which match the WIN updates currently installed on your device.

The interesting part is to choose the correct WIN 10 version (V202H if your WIN 10 64 bit is up to date) click in the version box then scroll down to the end and choose V202H -> change. The WIN 10 version number will update with your choice.

Regards, Mettech1

HP Recommended

I updated the computer with the HP support assistant update. Then i went in to windows and check for updates but everything was up to date, still did not work.

Then i found i could use the HP cloud recovery tool and did that.

I did the procedure and created a usb recovery disk and now the computer is saying: "The recovery attempt has failed. Select one of the following buttons: save log/ details/ retry.

I click retry and it brings me back to the same screen. I save a log in the same usb recovery device, it said that it would help hp. The file saved as E:\HP_ssrd_log.zip

Is there an option for me to send the computer to HP to get it fix?

The computer before i did the usb recovery was working, the touch screen capabilities were not working, but the screen and computer were working.

Let me know

Thanks

Repavi

HP Recommended

Hi Repavi

I would not recommend using the HP cloud recovery tool because I think it would install the drivers which shipped with you device rather than the lastest device. I think you were fortunate that this option did not work.

When you used the HP Support Assistant app did you use the first method. Click on the check for updates.

Or did you use the second method (recommended by me) select 202H on in the drop-down version on the HP download page?

Regards, Metech1

HP Recommended

Hi Mettech, i already used the HP cloud recovery and now the computer do not work at all, it is cycle in recovery attempt an i do not know how to get out of that cycle.

The computer has a blue screen with a message "The recovery attempt has failed"  as i described in my previous message.

I need to send the computer to someone who can fix it.

Is there an option to send the computer to HP so you can take a look at it?

Repavi

HP Recommended

The HP PC Hardware Diagnostics are available in two versions. The Windows version in my previous email was for use in Windows (you can't use this option)

The UEFI version is for use when Windows won't start.

https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c03467259

Scroll down to Testing with HP PC Hardware Diagnostics from an external USB device

Follow the instructions.

HP Recommended

I went in to the website, downloaded the application to a usb drive. I hard turn off the computer by pressing and hold the power button, press the power button again to turn it on, start pressing esc key repeatedly. The startup menu did not show up, it show up again the same blue screen with a message in the center saying "the recovery attempt failed."

I tried multiple times doing this process, at least 5 times, and same result. I can not get the computer to cycle out of the recovery attempt failure.

I know that i have asked this question before but no answer, is it an option to send the computer to Hp so HP can take a look at it ?

Thanks

Repavi

HP Recommended

Hi Repavi

Thanks for repyling to my suggestion. Your issue is beyond my expertise.

I think you should read the link below.

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Miscellaneous-Topics-Read-Only/Advice-for-asking-the-quot-Very-Best-Qu...

Take your time and write an email with the information contained in the article so that the professions don't have to waste their time and your money.

Because you read all my replies you will have already input the info required into the HP Support assistant and so most of the information will be at hand.

At the top of the window you used to reply to this forum their is support link with plenty of options including contacting HP. I imagine that you will need to enter the country you reside in so that the site can direct you to the correct HP service center.

There are other community forums which deal with the blue screen of death. I would suggest you look up solutions in that forum before contacting HP directly.

Regards Mettech1

HP Recommended

Doh!

You can find out your product information from BIOS.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00033108

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.