cancel
Jezza65 Honor Student
Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP split X2 won't power on- at all. Fully charged.

I have an issue, seems HP has known about this common issue for years yet no fix is offered. The product should be recalled and repaired or replaced.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
18654 18600 1536 2584
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Jezza65

Thank you for posting on HP Forums,

The Riddle_Decipher is at your service.

As I Understand the HP split X2 won't power on though it's fully charged,

Don't worry, I know this could be frustrating but will a few steps we should be able to identify the issue and/or fix it.

(knowing what we are dealing with will lead us to the solution, so please follow the steps mentioned below):

1. After you've ensured it's still at "full charge", Unplug your charger cord.
3. Remove the battery or disconnect the detachable keyboard from the laptop,
4. Press and hold the "Power" button for 30 seconds and discharge any static on the computer,
5. Now put the battery or detachable keyboard back in and reconnect the power cord

(attempt to start).

If this doesn't help, then test the power cord to see if it is good (sometimes the cable may show that it's charging but wouldn't, causing the issue in the first place),

Either try your power cord in another device or try another power cord in your laptop.

Keep me posted for further assistance,

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, 

Mark my post as Accepted Solution.

And click on the Purple Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Jezza65 Honor Student
Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello Riddle,

I have tried the solution that you posted several times to no avail.

I have tested the AC power adaptor on another appliance and this works fine.

If the detachable screen Lithium Ion battery is unserviceable should I still be able to use the laptop utilising the AC power adaptor?

I feel that it is possible that the detachable screen Lithium Ion battery has died but I am not sure, would this also produce the same symptoms?

I have paid a lot of money for this laptop and it is less than three years old, to have this happen at this stage indicates that design or manufacturing is flawed, components should last much longer than this.

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation