Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
spectre x360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Few days ago HP support assistant offered to install Intel graphics driver version 21.20.16.4590Bp2. Now it tells me to install version 21.20.16.4542Ap13 that looks like older than the first one.Capture.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@ak111

Thank you for joining HP Forums. 

I'll be glad to help you 🙂 

As I understand the HP support assistant offers to install old Intel graphics driver,

No worries, as I'll be glad to help you, that said, I'll need a few more details to dissect your concern & provide an accurate solution: 

Did you attempt installing it? as it wouldn't go through when a newer version is already installed.

Did you check for any other HP Forum posts to help resolve your concern?

If you haven't, Here's a related HP Forums post that seems to have helped others: Click here for the steps.

Let me know how that works out, keep me in the loop and Good luck! 😉

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@ak111

Thank you for joining HP Forums. 

I'll be glad to help you 🙂 

As I understand the HP support assistant offers to install old Intel graphics driver,

No worries, as I'll be glad to help you, that said, I'll need a few more details to dissect your concern & provide an accurate solution: 

Did you attempt installing it? as it wouldn't go through when a newer version is already installed.

Did you check for any other HP Forum posts to help resolve your concern?

If you haven't, Here's a related HP Forums post that seems to have helped others: Click here for the steps.

Let me know how that works out, keep me in the loop and Good luck! 😉

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Just saw in hp website that this driver is not the last one and what I have is the last. Probably a mistake of HP Support assistant. Thanks

HP Recommended

@ak111

Thank you for the update,

I appreciate your time and efforts, 

I'm glad you found the solution you were looking for. 

Thanks for taking the time to let the community know about the solution and yes, it's most likely a minor glitch and should be automatically fixed in the next patch/update of the HP Support Assistance tool.

You've been great to work with and it has been a genuine pleasure interacting with you.

I hope both you and your product works great and remain healthy for a long time 😉 

Take care now and do have a fabulous week ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

This problem still exists with HP Support Assistant. Right now it offers an older version of an Nvidia driver than is posted on HP's own driver page.

Capture.PNG

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.