Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Envy K204TX
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Ever since I got this notebook, all I've had are problems, and HP has never been able to resolve a single problem. It's like the warranty is completely meaningless. They didn't even replace defective parts, let alone replace the entire notebook.

I've had problems with the hard disk, and was told we can't solve this problem as this is a problem with every envy notebook.

I've had a problem where dust is building up inside the screen (between the screen and the external glass cover), and I was told I need to send the notebook to the service centre (even though I have an "on-site, at home service warranty” for 3 effing years).

This one time, one HP tech even told me "ENVY NOTEBOOKS DON'T SUPPORT VLC PLAYER, YOU MUST PLAY MULTIMEDIA USING WINDOWS MEDIA PLAYER ALONE".

NOW, I have a white line appearing on the top corner of the screen, and HP said I need to take a picture of the problem in the BIOS. The BIOS itself has a white background. How can I click a picture of a white line on a white background? If I write with white ink on a white paper, can anyone read it? I explained this precisely, and was told "Since the issue is not present in BIOS, we need to check if this can be covered in the warranty". WELL, THE ISSUE IS PRESENT IN THE BIOS, IT’S JUST THAT IT CANNOT BE SEEN AS IT’S WHITE ON WHITE, AND YOU WANT TO TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THIS AND NOT REPLACE MY LCD? The issue is present in live linux USB sticks as well! All you need to reproduce it is a DARK BACKGROUND.

This is ridiculous, it's like HP is doing everything it can to screw its customers. "Show me a white line on a white background. If you cannot, we won't respect the warranty".

Can a moderator (HP employee) please look into it? At this point, I would like a system exchange. I am done with this computer. Problems are all I've had with it, and HP has done nothing, didn't replace a single part in the computer.

They know I need the computer, and hence as a last resort, they ask me to return the computer to the service centre.

If I must drop the computer at the service centre, then what's the point of an "on-site warranty"? This is blatant "false advertising".

:Crying: :indifferent: :HalfEyes:

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post serial numbers and case details.

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, this post has instructions.

Thanks.

EmeraldAvenger
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post serial numbers and case details.

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, this post has instructions.

Thanks.

EmeraldAvenger
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

Thank you Emerald,

I've received a private message and replied with the relevant details.

Thanks once again for your kind help, really appreciated..  :HeartEyes:

HP Recommended

HP has replaced my defective LCD under warranty. This wouldn't have been possible without your help. Thank you Emerald :generic:

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.