1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP x2 Touch Screen black rectangle in the middle of the screen

HP Pavilion x2
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Hi,

The laptop hasn't been dropped or anything. This rectangular just shown up in the middle of the screen as it noticeable. The touch screen works fine, but when I'm using it on low brightness, it's quite annoying. Is there any solution to solve this? I would really appreciate any kind of help. 

Cheers,

Mark. 

Problem

1 REPLY 1
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
12,795 12,338 1,164 2,378
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP x2 Touch Screen black rectangle in the middle of the screen

Hi @tmarky89,

A warm welcome to the HP community. A very good day to you. Smiley Happy I understand that you require assistance regarding display issues on your computer. It will be a delight to assist you. Smiley Happy

Spectacular troubleshooting, superb description and splendid analysis of the issue before posting. Kudos to you for that. Smiley Happy You are a valued Hp customer and I take it as a privilege to share this platform with you. Smiley Happy

For better clarity and to assist you better I would require more information regarding this.

• Is it possible for someone else to have tipped it over?
  • Does anyone else use this computer apart from you?

The picture is very clear. It is a cracked screen. So you will need to contact HP phone support to get it fixed as it is a cracked screen and the standard warranty will not cover it for you. It could be paid support.

For better clarity please check this link out: http://support.hp.com/us-en/product/---/7482046/document/c04934765

This is also a useful link: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01608578

Step 1. Open link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

Step 2. Enter Product number or select to auto detect

Step 3. Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"

Step 4. Scroll down and click: HP contact options - click on Get phone number, Case number and phone number appear.

They will be happy to assist you immediately.

Hope this helps.  Let me know how this goes. I genuinely hope the issue gets resolved without hassles and the unit works great. Smiley Happy  Please reach out for any issues and I'll be there to assist you. Smiley Happy

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help.

If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles. Smiley Happy

Take care now and have a splendid week ahead. Smiley Happy

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation