seajay41 Student
Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP15 Notebook HDMI port driving external VGA monitor via HDMI-to-VGA adapter.

HP15-f010wm
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

HP15 Notebook HDMI port fails to provide a signal to external VGA monitor via HDMI-to-VGA adapter. All necessary monitor drivers have been installed.

1 REPLY 1
Retired
Retired
2840 2757 184 356
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP15 Notebook HDMI port driving external VGA monitor via HDMI-to-VGA adapter.

Hi there @seajay41, 

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forums and Welcome! This is a great site to get answers and ask questions. I have read your post on the HP Support Forums. I understand that you are having an issue using the HDMI on your HP 15-f010wm Notebook PC. 

Did you receive any error messages?

Did you see if the HDMI was listed in the Digital Output Device?

Did you happen to try another HDMI cord?

Here is a document I found for you called Troubleshooting HDMI Display and Sound Issues. Please use the information in this document to check your settings and to troubleshoot specific problems.

Here is a link to the HP Support Assistant if you need it. Just download and run the application and it will help to Update the drivers to see if that could be why the TV and Notebook are not communicating via HDMI. 

Could you please run the Hardware and Devices  troubleshooter? The troubleshooter will help find and fix HDMI issues. 

• Type troubleshooting in the search bar.
  • Select Troubleshooting.
  • Select View all on the top left corner.
  • Click on Hardware and Devices.
  • Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.
  • Check if the issue persists.

You could try to:

• Press (Windows key + X)
  • Click on Device Manager.
  • Expand Sound, video, and game controllers
  • Right click on the sound driver
  • Select Uninstall.
  • Once this is done, restart the Notebook twice and check if the issue persists.

Please follow these provided troubleshooting steps, re-post and let me know the results, answer's to the questions above.

Look forward to hearing from you. 

Have a great day! Smiley Happy

EmeraldAvenger
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation