Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP2509b
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

I'm having trouble getting my hp2509b external monitor to display correctly using a laptop with the windows 10 platform.  Is this monitor now dead due to the fact that there is no driver for it for windows 10?  anyone experience this?  thanks for your help!

Andrew

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@AndrewJB 

Its specs

https://support.hp.com/au-en/document/c02704366

It is a standard monitor, and Windows 10 can use it as a generic monitor. How do you connect it and what is the error message ?

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Thank you  Banhien for your response...

I am using an HDMI cable from the laptop.  It does display and function but the size its displaying is not correct.  Using 1920x1080-60Hz.  I've tried using different resolutions and nothing seems to work correctly.  The image its displaying is just slightly too large for the screen.  Maximizing a window causes them to be too large and go off the screen.  An older laptop with XP displays it perfectly!  Tried all the adjustments on the monitor, rolling back the driver, restarting and trying HP's driver that is available on the website and nothing seems to fix it.   The proportions on the screen seem correct but its just slightly too large (about an inch all around).  Should I try a different driver that you know of perhaps!?      

Thank you so much for your help!

Andrew

HP Recommended

Hi Banhien

Just wondering if you've had a chance to think of any more ideas regarding this monitor issue with Windows 10?

Thank you so much!

Andrew

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.