Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Spectre x360 - 15-ch011dx (2LV24UA)
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Trying to connect my laptop to 2 displays, 1 display is using the HDMI port on the laptop, and I purchased a separate Thunderbolt 3.0 USB-c to display port cable for the second monitor. I have tried everything to get these two monitors on at the same time and displaying an extended display. Please h

Problem Description: Trying to connect my laptop to 2 displays, 1 display is using the HDMI port on the laptop, and I purchased a separate Thunderbolt 3.0 USB-c to display the port cable for the second monitor. I have tried everything to get these two monitors on at the same time and displaying an extended display. Please help, thank you.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Tigran515

Thank you for posting on HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, 
After reading your post, I did go through the Product Specifications of your product and found out that you have USB 3.1 Gen 1 Type-C™ (Data Transfer Only, 5 Gb/s signaling rate) Hence multiple monitor setup is not possible as your computer comes with limited ports. 

However, I would suggest you can try with a docking station for multiple setup. Click here: https://www.hp.com/us-en/shop/tech-takes/dual-monitor-setup-for-work to know more about Dual Monitor Setup. 

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, go to the public post & give us a virtual high-five by clicking the "Thumbs Up" icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on my public post.

Have a great day ahead!

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

If you look at the specifications my product also has "1 Thunderbolt™ 3 (Data up to 40 Gb/s, Power Delivery, DP1.2, HP Sleep, and Charge)". DP1.2 stands for Display Port 1.2 which means it should carry enough bandwidth to support 2 monitors. But when I use this port nothing happens, that is my issue.

HP Recommended

@Tigran515

Thank you for posting back. 

To get the answer to this question, your computer does not support multiple monitor setup due to port availability. 

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.