Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion x360 - 15-br006na

HP Pavilion x360 - 15-br006na

I've been trying to connect a 2nd screen to my laptop but with no success, there is only one HDMI port so i bought a USB dock with an additional HDMI port. A Plugable USB C hub multiport adapter 

When connected it wont pick up the 2nd screen.

What i am trying to do is have the 2 screens as an extended display, not splitted or mirrored.

would appreciate any help or advice

Thanks in advance 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

From the spec page for that model, the Plugable USB C hub multiport adapter should give you what you want.  It might be that you are using an incorrect USB port.  From what I can decipher, it would be the port indicated as #2 on the picture. 

2020-12-02 08_16_19-User Guide - c05638967 — Mozilla Firefox.jpg

Does the laptop acknowledge the adapter/dock?  Any other outputs from the dock work, IE USB port?

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.
HP Recommended

thanks for the reply, 

turns out i got the model wrong, its HP Pavilion X360 Convertible- 15-Br0xx.

The dock is working as i have a keyboard connected to it. Though it does not pick up the HDMI when its connected. 

Ive tested the HDMI in the normal port on the laptop and it works fine so its not fault from that.

HP Recommended

Actually the HP Pavilion X360 Convertible- 15-Br0xx is not correct either as the  xx's  represent numbers.  However, the spec page for the generic model of HP Pavilion X360 Convertible- 15-Br0xx indicates it has no appropriate USB 3 ports.  The dock you have indicated - Plugable USB C hub multiport adapter - is this the dock?

https://plugable.com/products/usbc-md103/

That spec page for the dock indicates the dock can deliver  "all via a single USB-C cable to your Mac or PC with Thunderbolt 3 or a full-featured USB-C port".  I suspect that is the problem.

To verify the exact model of the laptop would be more helpful to verify that.  Find what numbers the "xx's" represent.

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.