Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Envy 360m Convertable Model 15m-bp112dx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello, my Envy360 is about 2 years old and sits on a desk all day. It never travels and has never been dropped or otherwise abused. This also happened to me out of the blue. I went to open it and the hinge broke away from inside the lid and the screen broke. I should not have to pay for this to be fixed since is an obvious defect/known issue occurring to multiple users on multiple posts from around the world.

20200512_202400_resized.jpg20200512_202342_resized.jpg20200512_202327_resized.jpg20200512_202302_resized.jpg

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

@azweaver

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

This situation will need some additional support from our internal teams in HP. For that to happen, we will give you additional instructions/information via Private Message.

Please do check your inbox on the forums page for the private message.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Unfortunately, I do not believe that me having to pay "around $300.00" to repair the hinge will be sufficient. The screen is no longer usable. I still haven't received a response from my last private message. An FTC complaint, #118597771, has been filed since this problem was known to HP and they continued to knowingly sell a defective product instead of fixing the problem. And to add insult to injury, will not accept responsibility. A nominal "discount" is not an acceptable remedy for people that spend nearly two weeks pay for a laptop and expect it to last longer than 2 years.

HP Recommended

I would appreciate a response of any kind from HP.

HP Recommended

@azweaver Due to the current global COVID-19 situation, we're seeing an influx of customers coming in for support and we appreciate your patience.

That said, I understand your concern and I will bring your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP.

Although, I'll need some private information from you in order to create a case for you.

Please look for a private message requesting additional information. 

Keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers, case details, etc...).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community. 

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello, the person that is supposed to respond refuses to respond. The person only responds they I haven't responded to them when I clearly have...several times. please see below and have someone that will actually give me and answer rather that say  i never responded to them

azweaver_0-1591675136366.png

Stephan_So-Me to azweaver

‎06-04-2020 03:39 PM

Options

Options

Re: Hinge broke from plastic and broke screen

I never heard back from you! Have you considered the repair or coupon?

azweaver_1-1591675136368.png

azweaver

‎06-04-2020

I actually responded multiple times and failed to respond back to me. Here is the reply string for your review. 

Re: Hinge broke from plastic and broke screen
Hello Steve,

Thank you for providing that information. For a broken hinge, I would recommend a repair. I noticed that unit is out of warranty, there is normally a service fee for out of warranty repair but I can discount that fee. The repair would be about $300.

Or, if you prefer t purchase a new unit I can provide you with a coupon for $125.

Best regards,

StephanSoMe

-HP Social Media Support

I am an HP Employee

azweaver
azweaver
‎05-14-2020
Hello,

That does not seem like a fair compensation for a known issue that has been ongoing for several years. The hing attachment is a know defect and due to this defect I now have a broken screen as well. I cant use the laptop due to it being broken and a larger crack going towards the middle of the screen. The mouse, touch-pad and touch screen are is no use due to jumping all over from the broken screen. There is also the shards of broken glass that continue to shed from the screen. I am beyond disappointing the HP would not make this right by simply sending me either a replacement lid/screen assembly at no charge. It makes it extremely difficult to even consider further HP products with the apparent lack of responsibility for an issue that is well know. I would prefer not to have to go another route since this can be easily rectified by HP. Please consider sending replacement parts at no charge since HP failed to make changes once this issue was known. If HP had responded appropriately and changed the design of the hinge, this never would have happened.

Regards,

Steve Weaver
I understand if those offers don't work for you. I can keep the offer open for a week in case you change your mind.

azweaver
azweaver
‎05-14-2020
Why is HP not willing to replace parts that were only broken due to HP's own negligence for not replacing parts they knew were defective. I will be filing an FTC complaint followed by contacting my attorney for Class Action status due to HP knowingly continued to sell a defective product and refuses to provide recourse other than a nominal discounts.

Regards,

Steve Weaver

azweaver
azweaver
‎05-15-2020
This is to you inform that an FTC Complaint has been filed. The FTC Report Number is #118597771.

Regards,

Steve Weaver

azweaver
azweaver
‎05-27-2020
Stephan, Can you please tell me if anything will be done other than the "discount? If not I will need to make the repairs myself but I need to know. I cannot afford to wait much longer for a reply since I need to use my laptop.

HP Recommended

I have been trying to get something resolved for over a month and the rep keeps ignoring my responses. Can I please get a Supervisor or someone that can review the situation? I will send the entire message string once I receive a response. Thanks

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.