cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
The HP Calculator Community Message Board is moving. While we prepare for the move, we are unable to accept new postings. During the move, you can look for help from other users by visiting https://www.hpmuseum.org/ . Or if you need technical support for your calculator visit: HP Calculators. .
levi-bessette
Level 1
3 2 1 1
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post

Solved!

Hinge issue, that broke the screen on my laptop 3 months old is being blamed ON ME!

HP Recommended
ENVY X360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I went to open my laptop like any normal day, and when I opened it the hinge obviously stuck thus cracking the bottom right of t the screen after hours with customer service both online and over the phone I was told its my fault, my laptop was purchased september 2020 its december 2020, they said its not covered by warranty because I broke it by opening the laptop.  This is absolutely insane, after climbing the ladder to a supervisor they said they best they would do is take 20 percent off the 600 bill to fix the screen, I said, no I didn't do this, they said i could send it in and if the tech can see the hinge being broken caused the screen they would fix it for free, but I have a strong feeling they are going to somehow make it my fault.  I am now waiting for a box to arrive, I also stated that when I close the laptop it will break further and for them to note that, they said they did but again, I am not holding my breath, How can an issue that has been happening for 3 or more years with these hinges not be addressed also How can I be made at fault for this.  I want this to be taken care of as it should under a manufacture defect that cause the issue, I have finals in a week and no laptop with my work to take this on, I will go out of my way to tell this story and being a student with disabilities it also makes it even more pathetic they place blame on me for their issue.  What is the solution?  Any suggestions>?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
levi-bessette
Author
Level 1
3 2 1 1
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I would like to extend a thank you to HP for handling my issue after I sent in the Laptop, It came back repaired a few days after I sent it in. I was surprised because I received a text message saying it wouldn't be repaired till February 2021, then I received the box a few days after the text message.

Some issues during the process were as follows, the aforementioned issue I stated in the above section, the original complaint, it still bothers me, that it was only because I continued pushing and having to bargain with the employees in the customer support area, ask for a supervisor and spend so much time begging them to do what's right, post on this forum and just 'hope'   that left me saddened.   

I am grateful however for the kindness that the first employee treated my situation with, and I recognize that their hands are tied and they are more or less reading from a crypt that they cant denture from when talking with customers.  I know and recognize its not their fault.  The supervisor however was a little more brash and accusatory, continuing to say all this was my fault, it wasn't until I told him I was going to address the University I attend of this issue that he decided to 'work' with me, when he offered me a 20% discount on the $600.00 repair  for this screen, it was clear that he was taking some sort of responsibility for this, for if it were truly my fault, why would he offer me a discount, this also begs question that why isn't every customer treated with this 20% discount, why is it used as some sort of leverage or manipulation?  Just makes me sad again for those people that don't have the personality that allows them to stand up for themselves, parse.  

To conclude, I wasn't communicated with at all during the process after I sent off the laptop, when I went to check the ticket, none of the options to check it worked, form entering the serial number, to work order number/case number and email, nothing worked. I just received an automated text saying it was being returned, I was worried because they said if its concluded it is my fault they will just send it back unrepaired.  So I assumed that was the case, when I opened the package I was blown away, it was 'like Christmas (no pun intended)'  The laptop was back and screen fixed.  The one issue still is when I sent it in I filled out the paperwork explaining that there were updates that wouldn't install and was hoping that they would address that, they DID NOT, but all things considered I am just relieved and grateful that they did what was right, they fixed the screen that was broken due to the faulty hinge, you would think they would fix the hinge because as far back as 20178 the hinges have been doing this to screens.  So Thank you HP for doing the right thing and taking responsibility for this issue, due to this I will continue to be a customer and let people know that you did what was right for the customer.

Levi Bessette

View solution in original post

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
4 REPLIES 4
levi-bessette
Author
Level 1
3 2 1 1
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Anyone or any rep have any suggestions.

The_Fossette
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
29,155 21,825 1,961 2,157
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@levi-bessette

Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

Please look for a private message from me requesting additional information. Keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

levi-bessette
Author
Level 1
3 2 1 1
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I would like to extend a thank you to HP for handling my issue after I sent in the Laptop, It came back repaired a few days after I sent it in. I was surprised because I received a text message saying it wouldn't be repaired till February 2021, then I received the box a few days after the text message.

Some issues during the process were as follows, the aforementioned issue I stated in the above section, the original complaint, it still bothers me, that it was only because I continued pushing and having to bargain with the employees in the customer support area, ask for a supervisor and spend so much time begging them to do what's right, post on this forum and just 'hope'   that left me saddened.   

I am grateful however for the kindness that the first employee treated my situation with, and I recognize that their hands are tied and they are more or less reading from a crypt that they cant denture from when talking with customers.  I know and recognize its not their fault.  The supervisor however was a little more brash and accusatory, continuing to say all this was my fault, it wasn't until I told him I was going to address the University I attend of this issue that he decided to 'work' with me, when he offered me a 20% discount on the $600.00 repair  for this screen, it was clear that he was taking some sort of responsibility for this, for if it were truly my fault, why would he offer me a discount, this also begs question that why isn't every customer treated with this 20% discount, why is it used as some sort of leverage or manipulation?  Just makes me sad again for those people that don't have the personality that allows them to stand up for themselves, parse.  

To conclude, I wasn't communicated with at all during the process after I sent off the laptop, when I went to check the ticket, none of the options to check it worked, form entering the serial number, to work order number/case number and email, nothing worked. I just received an automated text saying it was being returned, I was worried because they said if its concluded it is my fault they will just send it back unrepaired.  So I assumed that was the case, when I opened the package I was blown away, it was 'like Christmas (no pun intended)'  The laptop was back and screen fixed.  The one issue still is when I sent it in I filled out the paperwork explaining that there were updates that wouldn't install and was hoping that they would address that, they DID NOT, but all things considered I am just relieved and grateful that they did what was right, they fixed the screen that was broken due to the faulty hinge, you would think they would fix the hinge because as far back as 20178 the hinges have been doing this to screens.  So Thank you HP for doing the right thing and taking responsibility for this issue, due to this I will continue to be a customer and let people know that you did what was right for the customer.

Levi Bessette

View solution in original post

The_Fossette
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
29,155 21,825 1,961 2,157
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@levi-bessette

Perfect, I am really glad to hear that!

If any other questions arise, please feel free to write back to me.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation