Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
7NB83EA
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello

Please Help me too turn off touchpad in HP OMEN 15.

i dont know where is this opion ;-D

TY ^.^

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @7NB83EA

Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

You may enable/disable the touchpad option from Control panel under Mouse option. Control panel contains settings of all the system device installed on the computer.

To disable the touchpad option on the computer, follow the steps below:

1. Press Windows logo + X keys on the keyboard and select Control panel from the context menu.
  2. From the top right corner of the screen click on View by and select Large icons.
  3. Click on Mouse option from the window.
  4. Click on Device settings tab from the Mouse properties screen, button the Disable button to turn off the touchpad option. 
  5. Click on Apply and OK.
  6. Close the window and check if the changes are effective.

If the issue still persists, try these steps - 

1. Press Windows Key + X to open Win + X menu and select Control Panel from the list.
  2. When Control Panel opens, go to Hardware and Sound section and select Mouse.
  3. When Mouse settings window opens, you should see ELAN or Device Settings tab. Switch to it.
  4. Locate Disable internal pointing device when external USB pointing device is attached option and enable it.
  5. Click Apply and OK to save changes.

If that doesn't work or isn't available, a registry edit should be the solution for us, I'd personally suggest a registry backup by clicking on file and export before performing the below steps, to be on a safer side:

1. Open Registry Editor and go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/Elantech/Othersetting/DisableWhenDetectUSBMouse key in the left pane.
  2. Change the value from 0 to 1 and close Registry Editor

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.