Lisamax Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

How do I connect 2 HDMI external monitors to my HP Notebook - 15-ba079dx (Touch)

3 REPLIES 3
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
12747 823 1408
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

How do I connect 2 HDMI external monitors to my HP Notebook - 15-ba079dx (Touch)

@Lisamax

Thanks for reaching out to us on HP Support Forums. I read your post and understand that you have an HP Notebook - 15-ba079dx laptop and would like to know how to connect 2 HDMI monitors. I'd like to help you with this case. 

I checked the product specifications for your laptop and found that this laptop has only 1 HDMI port and therefore we highly recommend to use only one HDMI monitor. There are HDMI port splitters available but HP does not guarantee the functionality of such HDMI port splitters. 

There are USB C type to HDMI converters available to which an external monitor can be connected but the HP Notebook - 15-ba079dx does not have a USB C type port. You may view the detailed laptop hardware specifications from this link: http://hp.care/2hkUYPS

Feel free to let me know if you have any more questions. Cheers! :)

0 Kudos
Lisamax Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you for your reply @Kazi. Both my external monitors have HDMI, DVI and VGA inputs. Is there a solution using either the DVI or VGA inputs?

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
7692 420 575
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Lisamax, thank you for your reply, I'll be more than glad to help you.

I understand that you wanted to know if you can use DVI or VGA inputs.

This printer has only one HDMI port, hence you can connect only one external monitor. DVI or VGA inputs will not work.

I hope you have a good day ahead.

Rainbow23
I am an HP Employee

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know and also show your appreciation by clicking the Accept as Solution button, Thumbs up" button!

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation