Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion x360 - 14-ba078tx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I'm trying to get two extended display from my laptop, and was successful to get only one extended display. Not sure which port (USB-C 1st generation, USB 3.1 x 2) to be used. Tried using a converter from USB-C to HDMI, which did not work. Not sure if USB-C support Alternate Display or even thunderbolt. Is there any way where i can get connected two monitors and have different (extended) screens?

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@Shankar17

Thank you for posting on HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, After reading your post, I did go through the Product Specifications of your product and found out you have 1 HDMI; 1 headphone/microphone combo; 1 USB 3.1 Type-C™ Gen 1 (Data up to 5 Gb/s); 2 USB 3.1 Gen 1 (Data transfer only)

And, also refer to the Maintenance and Service Guide http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c06172090.pdf to know more about USB 3.x SuperSpeed ports (2) Page Right side 13. 

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks for the details, I was wondering how to connect monitor with usb 3.x ?

Can usb C port used for any docking station or thunderbolt?

HP Recommended

@Shankar17

Thank you for posting back. 

The USB type C ports which came with your computer delivers super-speed data transfer only. 

To get the answer to this question, yes you can check with the docking station.  

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I’m afraid usb c ports supports docking station. I tried with Dell docking station and thunderbolt which didn’t work.

Does USB 3.x support for extended monitor?

Could you please suggest the components that supports my laptop for connecting more than one monitor with usb c and 3.x? If my laptop supports docking station the please let me know the dock station model numbers?

HP Recommended

@Shankar17

Thank you for posting back. 

As we have limited support boundaries in the support community as of now.

I would request you to contact our Support and our Support Engineers should be able to sort this out. HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link:  www.hp.com/contacthp/

Please feel free to contact us here anytime you need any further assistance. Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.