12-09-2013 04:58 AM
As a updated my laptop to windows 8.1 I couldn't get my brightness keys to work. The screen is very bright. As I like little tinkerings with pc before asking question to other I found that windows 8.1 takes AMD Radeon HD 5000 series display card as default which doesn't support brightness change. However when i managed to make it use intel graphics then brightness could be controlled. But on restart it again takes AMD graphics as default and I am stuck with the same problem. Please help.
12-09-2013 05:56 AM - edited 12-09-2013 05:57 AM
Please keep us advised as on the status of the issue by posting your results in your thread.
If your problem is solved , please click the Accepted Solution button
I am not an HP Employee, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time
02-02-2014 11:50 PM
Pavilion dv7t-6000 CTO Windows 8.1
Install Qiucklaunch software for my model in compatible mode. Did not solve problem.
02-05-2014 01:43 AM
Start laptop on battery. (Intel graphics). Can adjust brightness. Plug in powersupply and no longer able to adjust brightness(AMD Graphics). If laptop is started with powersuppy(AMD Graphics) will have low brightness without able to adjust. Adjusting power plan setting have no effect. AMD graphics driver is probally the problem?
- Troubleshooting display brightness (Windows8, Windows7 and Widnows Vista)
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)
- HP PCs - Updating Drivers and Software with Windows Update (Windows 10, 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Touch Screen Issues (Windows 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Green Screen and Other Video Playback Issues (Windows 10)