cancel
Surez Student
Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

How to extend Win 7 Laptop Display to the Monitor Connected via HDMI in 3005pr USB 3.0

Elitebook
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hi,

I am using 3005pr  USB 3.0 Port Replicator with my laptop. Now i would like to extend the display of the laptop with the monitor that has been connected to the port replicator via HDMI. Tried to extend via display settings in laptop but it couldnt detect. Could someone help to configure it ? Thanks in Advance.

Suresh 

1 REPLY 1
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
18,127 17,651 1,281 1,922
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

How to extend Win 7 Laptop Display to the Monitor Connected via HDMI in 3005pr USB 3.0

Hey there! @Surez, Thanks for stopping by the HP Support Forums!

I understand you need to know how to extend display from laptop to monitor using the port replicator.

Please try the steps mentioned below.

If the computer is running Windows 7, right-click on the desktop, and then select Screen Resolution.
To set the external monitor as the primary monitor on computers running Windows 7, select Make this my main display.
To set the external monitor as an extension of the primary monitor on computers running Windows 7, select Extend these displays

Refer this article to know how to extend displays using port replicator: http://hp.care/2eEe9BS

Let me know if this works!

Have a great day! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation